Interview with @NickUskoski

@NickUskoski is the author of 'Sigma/ Star' and has posted the thread 'The Snowball Effect// Free Advice from a Featured Author' to help the new users understand the algorithm behind gaining new reads. The link to this thread is provided in the external link.

Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

A. A moderator? An ambassador? An asshole and a jerk sometimes because I closed somebody's thread and they're mad. Not sure what this is asking specifically.

(Uh..Nick?)

2. For how long have you been writing?

A. I've been writing since I was about 11. I was writing my first novel by 13/14, which remains unfinished after 150 pages. Now I'm 22.

3. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

A. When I create a story it is a world in my head, it is a story and plot and fascinating world I enjoy watching it grow in my mind. I build backstories and potential plotlines and so many different thing. It sits in my head for a very long time and I enjoy that the most. The character personalities I generate over time while I write are also fascinating because they grow outside of my control based on what happens to them.

4. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. In writing not really. I couldn't remember the name to one of my cities and kept flipping it between an o and a u for a long time. Still couldn't tell you what it's called.

5. Which is your favorite color? Have you made any reference to it in your story/stories?

A. Teal? No

6. Out of the stories you have written on Wattpad, which is the most memorable one?

A. Sigma/Star is my most memorable right now because it was a different story for me and took off in a way I never quite expected, even though I planned it to be a massive Wattpad success.

7. Are you planning on publishing soon?

A. Right now I'm self-published but have been offered an opportunity with a group who I may get published by, but you never know. The format of a serial work is best online actually, not in print, and so I may end up creating my own website and charging people a monthly membership fee to read my works, maybe a couple bucks or something. I have to live after all!

8. Which is your favorite book/series on Wattpad?

A. I don't read anything on Wattpad. I never have. I came here to specifically write. To be fair, I don't read anything anymore. When I was in Grade 6 I was reading Grade 12 stuff so I did a lot of my time back in the day.

9. What kind of help do you provide - critiques, free advice or editing?

A. I used to provide critiques but my critiques are insanely harsh, very brutal, and so I don't give them out anymore. I did editing too but it's too difficult online for me. I like personal touch. I'm always giving out free advice though at all times. I've ran two classes now on Wattpad, one of which was very large and successful for a while. The problem with running classes on Wattpad is that participation is very undedicated. People join for a week then forget and it falls apart. So now I largely make threads for people and always answer questions.