Interview with @7Bloodfire

@7Bloodfire is the author of the 'Leviathans series' which is a triology and is one of the most unique vampire stories I have come across. This lady has such a detailed plot planned out (she actually has a whole board of notes dedicated to her story >-< ) and some of the characters that go beyond amazing ! She is one of those authors whose brains I would love to pick lol!

*ahem* You should seriously check out her books and also the prequel to the Leviathans series called 'Born of Water' ! It's great ! She had also written guide called 'Writing Tips' which covers the main points you need to focus on while writing. The link to this guide is provided in the external link!

Enjoy !

_______________________________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

A. My pen name is Senna 7Bloodfire.

2. For how long have you been writing?

A. Around 11 years now.

3. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

A. What I enjoy the most in writing is seeing the dark sides of tragic characters as they strive to come to terms with who they are, watching them fight the worlds and evils they must face, and witnessing each one overcome debilitating madness and crippling terrors. I love the emotion that is coiled inside of them, washing back and forth like a violent tidal wave rising, waiting to be unleashed with the right event -- and when that cataclysmic event comes along, all hell breaks loose and the characters reveal a hidden strength and ferocity within themselves that both shocks me and takes away my breath. I love seeing the worlds bloom around them both because of the characters, and because of how the characters are tied to one another. The danger and the sadness, the laughter, the relief... The best is when there is no such thing as a sure footing-- you never know how a book will end, or if it will continue to another book. Like my Leviathans series. Every character has history and family, friends, enemies, fears, wishes. The readers won't ever know as much as I will as the writer, but being able to watch the characters come to life, identify with them, feel what they feel? That is a terrible gift which we writers become addicted to. I cannot give that up easily.

4. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. Haha! YES!!!!! I have an entire list of things that I shall forever recall with a red face -- but it's okay! I'm not ashamed to share this. I love making others laugh over it. When I first began creating the worlds for my Leviathans series, my evil characters were whiny little sissy-boys, my main female lead was so depressed my brother said people would need to down a bottle of depression medication to get through her story, and my attempts at humor were ridiculous and senseless. Meaning knock-knock jokes and other kiddy devices. When my characters got into arguments, it was over stupid things, like stealing the sister's T-shirt, and everyone in the house would YELL IN CAPITAL LETTERS THAT WERE SOMETIMES ITALICIZED. And sometimes I would end those with just one exclamation point or three. Other times? It would be this many: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, for my favorite part? My intimate scenes. When two characters begin to delve into the romance section. Um. "Oh, hell-no." Yeah. Seriously, yeah. I was the girl who grew up refusing to watch TV if there was just kissing on-screen. I didn't approve of relationships between students up until I was a reluctant 18, and I was VERY reserved, and VERY hormonally and emotionally behind my age group. (Still am, hahaha.) So....I knew NOTHING about how to write a good sex scene. Would even skip past it in books I read. This all came to one climactic solution: My characters were comedic in bed. "Oooohs" and "aaaahs", and five-year old writing coming out of an idiotic 15-year old girl's brain. THANK THE LORD this was never on the internet, hahahaha! (Psst. For those of you out there who have created similar embarassments? You are not alone. We are many!) The good news? I got better, and so can you. All of us start badly. We simply improve with time.