Interview with @Alecia_Stone

@Alecia_Stone is the author of 'Talisman of El', which is now a published book. The sample of this book is available on Wattpad. She has also started the C.B.Y (Chosen By You) Book Club which showcases books written by the club members. The link to this book club is provided in the external link!

Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

A. Depends on the person. To most people who know me I'm a little bonkers (crazy, for you non-british folks) but I don't really have any funny nicknames. Just call me Alecia.

2. For how long have you been writing?

A. I started writing poetry when I was 14. I then branched off into screenwriting while studying Film at university. In regards to writing novels, I wrote my first novel (the first version of my debut book) in 2008. In 2010, I started on the second version, which is currently the one that is available for purchase at Amazon. I consider the first version as my introduction to the characters as I kept most of the names. The version I had then isn't the story that it is today. What started off as a standalone novel turned into a planned trilogy.

3. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

A. I don't like staring at a blank canvas, so I like the editing part. I like going over everything and putting it all together. I have a terrible memory, and I should plan, but I don't. I just write whatever comes to my head, so the first draft stage is a blur to me. I will say that I love creating characters. I have a blast getting to know my characters inside out. They really come alive. I take influences from everyone in my life and mold them into new creations. It's fun. The characters drive the story for me, so the more involved I am with them, the better the plot will be and the more fun I have writing the book.

4. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. Good questions. I can't think of any. I'm not one who strives for perfection, because, to me, it's a dead end. Writing is a limitless medium that can be molded into many forms as long as you're willing to learn. I don't get embarrassed about my writing because I love to learn.

(thanks :))

5. Which is your favorite color? Have you made any reference to it in your story/stories?

A. My favourite colour is blue. My character, Alex Dench, claims that her favourite colour is blue, but if she was being truthful she would admit that her favourite colour is pink. She presents herself as a tomboy, but deep down she's a girly girl who knows how to throw a mean punch.

6. Out of the stories you have written on Wattpad, which is the most memorable one?

A. I've only uploaded one story (a sample) on wattpad, but I have now completed the sequel to that novel and should be uploading a sample of that soon. Talisman Of El has to be my most memorable because it is the only one on wattpad and it has garnered a lot of support in the few months it has been uploaded. So, thanks to you all.

7. Are you planning on publishing soon?

A. I am already published. My debut novel was published on May 20, 2012 by Centrinian. Go check it out on Amazon. Book two will be out in a few weeks.

8. Which is your favorite book/series on Wattpad?

A. I have only finished one book on wattpad so far and that was Wake Up Call by Victoria (Hooha84). My book club (CBY Book Club) has given me the chance to read numerous books each week and I have to say I have grown fond of many books including but not limited to First Kiss and Broken Promises by Neerunni, Taken By Destiny by RoseSunshine, Errand Runners by Next_JK_Rowling, Argonaut - The Kinetic by Christian_Petersen, Being Recruited by Komal1009, Hello World by JoSellick and Evan Wood by Blondiiee_Ann.