Interview with @Achu2911

@Achu2911 is the author of 'In Honour of the Heart' and is an ambassador. She has also written a writing guide called -- 'Let's Write' which has been added by Wattpad to their own reading list - 'Wattpad 101' ! You can check out this guide by click on the external link on the side !

Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

A. I am called by many names but on Wattpad, I am Achu.

2. For how long have you been writing?

A. Since I was in 4th grade but at that time, it was mainly poetry.

3. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

A. Everything. I can’t just put my finger on one part. The most exciting one is to plot it and to create characters in my mind. Other details come afterwards.

4. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. Yes, when I posted a first chapter of ‘In Honour of the Heart’, I knew nothing in terms of technicalities of writing (which I have still not mastered much LOL :). I thought, nobody was going to read it. It was written in first person. After I posted almost three chapters, someone mentioned that my character’s hair color changed from brown to golden. She wanted to know if my character went for hair coloring. It was quite embarrassing and I learnt my lesson!

5. Which is your favorite color? Have you made any reference to it in your story/stories?

A.  It’s Red. No, my characters, my books are different from me and I don’t want them to overlap.

6. Out of the stories you have written on Wattpad, which is the most memorable one?

A. I have written only one novel. Other is a writing guide so my most memorable one is ‘In Honour of the Heart’.

7. Are you planning on publishing soon?

A. That book is still a first rough draft and needs lot of rewriting and editing before I can think further.

8. Which is your favorite book/series on Wattpad?

A. I have read many. I don’t have any favorite series but I have loved books of MercyRose, Author JayceeFord, Katherine Arlene, and Davrielle.

9. What kind of help do you provide - critiques, free advice or editing?

A. I am not good at critique or editing. But I like to help people. I was getting queries about writing tips. I was tired of answering them indivually so I started writing a book called ‘Let’s Write’. I answer their questions on writing there.

10. Which author do you idolize (off Wattpad)?

A. Umm, I have many. Sir Paulo Coelho, Danielle Steel, Nicholas Sparks, Robin Sharma, Julia Quinne and J.K. Rowling to name a few.

11. If you were a newbie, which part of the story would you focus on most?

A. Plot all the way. If you have loop holes there, no amount of descriptions, characters, dialogues or setting is going to save you.

12. Which is your favorite character (off Wattpad) ?

A. I don’t have any.

13. If you were given a choice to become one character (of your story posted on Wattpad) which one would you be and why?

A. Oh gosh, I wouldn't want to be one as I put my characters through hell ! I show no mercy on them but I guess, it will have to be Isabelle. It is because in the beginning, she is a lady who is naïve, depends on and trusts her husband. But as the story unfolds, life puts her in difficult situations and she emerges as a strong, independent woman on her own. I like the way her character progresses through the book.

14. Do you prefer dark romance or the usual?

A. I prefer mature romance where the characters don’t fall in love in the first chapter itself.

15. Where do you look for your inspiration?

A. I guess, everywhere. Whatever is happening around me inspires me.

16. What’s your favorite TV show?

A. Sorry but I don’t watch TV at all.

17. Do you prefer more reads, votes or comments?

A. Comments any day! Reads or votes have their own importance. But the way readers take out valuable time to let you know how they feel about your story is invaluable. That’s how one can grow as a writer. I feel the interaction between writer and the reader is one of the best features of Wattpad.

18. Imagine the world is collapsing around you, what would you choose to save – technology or books?

A. Oh! No technology or books for me. First I will save my family and dear near ones. Other things can come later.

19. What is the best advice you have given and received?

A. Whenever someone has asked me how my book got noticed on Wattpad, I always tell them one thing that I work hard and I write with passion from my heart. If you remain true to yourself and your writing, people are bound to notice you one day!

20. Any extra tips for our young writers?

A. Yes, pay attention to your plot. Also do your research. We live in the edge of internet. Anything and everything is available at your fingertips. Find your weak areas and try working on them. And, practice every day!

(nice :))

________________________________________________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this interview :) !