Interview with @OwainGlyn

@OwainGlyn is the author of 'Windswept' -- a collection of spiritual poetry of the heart. The link to his book is provided in the external link! He has also written 'Marta' a spiritual poetry based on a true story. Be sure to check it out as well!

Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

  A. My friends call me Glyn 

2. For how long have you been writing?

A. I started writing at University but had to give it up to concentrate on my career and family. I have been writing seriously now for about two years. 

3. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

 A. Being a poet I am free from most of those issues, however I have written a few poetic stories, and I adore creating the characters. 

4. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. No, I don't really think I have had any particularly embarrassing events.

5. Which is your favorite color? Have you made any reference to it in your story/stories?

A. My favourite colour is turquoise but I can never find anything to rhyme with it!! haha

6. Out of the stories you have written on Wattpad, which is the most memorable one?

A. I have written a series called 'I'm not frightened (really) where I managed to include a fair number of my wattpad friends. (Without their permission, of course!!) 

7. Are you planning on publishing soon?

A. I would dearly love to publish but finding a publisher for poetry is no easy task. 

8. Which is your favorite book/series on Wattpad?

A. I love 'The wake' by @ColmHerron 'Oceanswing' by @seasofme and BlueHaven by @sloanranger, plus many others.

9. What kind of help do you provide - critiques, free advice or editing?

A. I do not offer any specific services but I spend at least four hours every day rading and commenting on other wattpad writers work. As a recently appointed Wattpad Ambassador I see my role as one of supporting contributors in any way that I can.

10. Which author do you idolize (off Wattpad)?

A. I am an avid Sir Terry Pratchett fan.

11. If you were a newbie, which part of the story would you focus on most?

A. Without doubt, the plot.

12. Which is your favorite character (off Wattpad) ?

A. Raskolnikov in Dostoevsky's Crime and punishment. He is such a complex character.

13. If you were given a choice to become one character (of your story posted on Wattpad) which one would you be and why?

A. I would be Death, in 'The Traveller' he just seems to love his job!

14. Do you prefer dark romance or the usual?

A. My collection 'Windswept' is a very traditional look at romance.

15. Where do you look for your inspiration?

A. I am a born observer, a people watcher.

16. What’s your favorite TV show?

A. I am afraid that I am a trekkie.

17. Do you prefer more reads, votes or comments?

A. I prefer comments, they show that people really have read the piece and have been kind enough to take the time to comment.

18. Imagine the world is collapsing around you, what would you choose to save – technology or books?

A. Books, every time!

19. What is the best advice you have given and received?

A. The best advice I can give is to write something every day, no matter how small.

The best advice I have been given was to move my car before it was towed away!

20. Any extra tips for our young writers?

A. The best tip I can give a young writer is, believe in yourself, or no one else ever will.

____________________________________________________

I hope you guys enjoy the interview ! :)