Interview with @jr0127

@jr0127 is the author of 'The Runaways' which is a soon-to-be featured book on Wattpad! Congrats Jenny on the big achievement :). She also provides helpful critiques to users looking to improve their writing. You check out her book by clicking on the external link!

Enjoy!

____________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

A. Jenny!

2. For how long have you been writing?

A. Since I was young. My grandmother was a librarian so writing and reading were priorities in my house growing up. I'm thankful to her for getting me passionate about literature at such a young age.

(oh wow! That's cool!)

3. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

A. I think the best part for me is crafting the characters. Working out their conflicts, eccentricities, and watching them grow and develop over the course of the story. Finishing a story is wonderful too because you've actually completed an arc you can be proud of (at least until the editing process starts :P).

4. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. Going back to edit first drafts or older writing. You grow a lot as a writer over time and at some points going back to earlier stuff you've written is horribly embarrassing. My writing from high school still makes me cringe haha.

5. Which is your favorite color? Have you made any reference to it in your story/stories?

A. Blue! Absolutely. The first line of the Preface in The Runaways involves the color blue.

6. Out of the stories you have written on Wattpad, which is the most memorable one?

A. The Runaways. I wrote it after coming away from being involved with a person who largely inspired bits and pieces of multiple characters in the story. I'm glad to have experienced what I did because of how it inspired the story. So this book definitely has a special place with me.

7. Are you planning on publishing soon?

A. Yes! I plan to spend a large portion of this year polishing The Runaways to where it's at the level to be published. I'm exploring the self-publishing route, but I know there's a significant amount of preparation before publishing is within reach. I'll be spending a good deal of time seeking out betas, critic partners, and eventually a professional editor to help make this manuscript to be as professional as possible & ready for the market. I'm definitely looking forward to beginning that journey with this book!

8. Which is your favorite book/series on Wattpad?

A. Cherry Knots. Great short story.

9. What kind of help do you provide - critiques, free advice or editing?

A. Critiques, critiques, critiques. I have a lot of fun working with other authors on their manuscripts/works in progress.

10. Which author do you idolize (off Wattpad)?

A. John Green. If I could create half the magic he does on a page I'd be happy :P

11. If you were a newbie, which part of the story would you focus on most?

A. Plot & character development. If these two elements aren't crystal clear and compelling from the start it'll be hard to get people involved with your book. Write engaging characters people care about and won't stop caring about until the book ends and throw them into interesting, unexpected circumstances you're set.

12. Which is your favorite character (off Wattpad) ?

A. Holden Caulfield or Sal Paradise.

13. If you were given a choice to become one character (of your story posted on Wattpad) which one would you be and why?

A. Gracie Jones from Vigilante Green. She pretty much sabotages prom and does it her way. I wish I'd sabotaged prom while dressed up as Robin Hood.

14. Do you prefer dark romance or the usual?

A. Dark romance. Standard romance is nice but I love good twists that take stories in unexpected directions.

15. Where do you look for your inspiration?

A. Music. I put together playlists for certain chapters so I get an idea of what they sound like before I write them. I wanted to go into film scoring a few years ago so soundtracks are very important in my writing process.

16. What’s your favorite TV show?

A. I loved the first few series of Skins & I love Korean Dramas. Coffee Prince & Kim Samsoon are at the top of my list.

17. Do you prefer more reads, votes or comments?

A. Comments. Whether it's a critique or just a reaction hearing from readers is massively important in seeing if my story is resonating with my audience. It's also great to hear from them what's working and what's not so I can make changes in revisions.

18. Imagine the world is collapsing around you, what would you choose to save – technology or books?

A. Books.

19. What is the best advice you have given and received?

A. Advice that I've given, "Find the moment where your main character's whole world shifts, changes, or falls apart and move forward from there. Start your story where it truly begins." Advice I've received, "Revise, revise, revise."

20. Any extra tips for our young writers?

A. Every idea is worth exploring, just be patient with yourself and your creativity. Sometimes you'll have an awesome concept for a book other times you'll have ideas that you're not entirely fond of or confident about, but don't scrap/delete anything. You never know where you can take an unused thought later on.

(Nice :))

________________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this interview !