Interview with @ELatimer

@ELatimer is the author of  'Jotun Chronicles' and has also written a wonderful guide for the newbie Wattpaders called - 'Wattpad Fantasy Writer's Advice'. The link to this guide is given in the external link.

Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

A. I am known as ELatimer, or EL or ErBear. Also, "sheep goddess" occasionally.

2. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

A. I enjoy all of it, though I love the process of planning out a story. I'm a natural plotter. Complex plots, fun plots, evil plots, All kinds of plots.

3. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. I wouldn't say "embarrassing" really, but last year I spoke at Writer's Fest on behalf of Wattpad and being in the spotlight in front of an audience was scary, and cool and amazing. All at the same time. Turned out to be an absolutely awesome experience though.

4. Which is your favorite color? Have you made any reference to it in your story/stories?

A. Purple and black. And no, no references as of yet.

5. What kind of help do you provide - critiques, free advice or editing?

A. I'm not able to read stories anymore, since I get around ten or twenty requests per week. Now I have the "Read My Story" contest once a month, where I pick three favorite stories out of the entries. Those three get a one chapter crit and a spot on my profile for the following month. Advice is always free, if I can help answer questions I'll certainly try.

6. If you were a newbie, which part of the story would you focus on most?

A. Well I still count myself a "newbie" when it comes to writing. I'm still learning every day. Right now I'm studying better ways of revising my manuscript and getting the plot and pacing down.

7. If you were given a choice to become one character (of your story posted on Wattpad) which one would you be and why?

A. Probably Jess from "Fire". I'm always cold, so it'd be nice to be able to warm myself up.

8. Where do you look for your inspiration?

A. Inspiration usually blindsides me when I'm least expecting it. I could be listening to music or watching TV or reading a book. Sometimes it seems to come out of nowhere at all.

9. Imagine the world is collapsing around you, what would you choose to save – technology or books?

A. This question makes me laugh because I don't own an ereader. I'm one of those old fashioned people who is stubbornly sticking to paper books. So there's no question I would save the books.

(Me too!)

10. What is the best advice you have given and received?

A. Given: For young writers to keep on writing regardless of what anyone says.

Received: Do what you love.

(so true :))

11. Any extra tips for our young writers?

A. "Keep writing" and don't get discouraged. Your writing skills are still developing, if anyone tells you you're "bad" ignore them and keep on. You'll get better and better as you continue to read and write.

___________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this interview ! ^^