Interview with @AE_KIrk

@AE_KIrk is the author of the published book -- 'Loving In Time' and also an ambassador (a very helpful and sweet one ^^ lol )! You can check out the sequel to this book, called 'Journey In Time' on her profile page! The link to this book is provided in the external link!

Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

A. Abi, Abz, "Hey you," "Whatever." I have many nicknames.

2. For how long have you been writing?

A. Since before my university days, so over a decade ago.

3. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

A. I like the end, because then I get to start another book. Finishing your book is like producing a baby. Though I've never produced a baby, I get a sense of accomplishment that I've created something from start to finish, which I believe mother's feel once they've held their new born in their hands. And after thinking about it, I really cannot come up with another analogy to describe producing a book.

4. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. Um, I'd like to say yes and give an example because then I'd sound more interesting but I really haven't. I've made a few stupid mistakes, like spelling mistakes, but I suppose the only thing which Cris will never let me live it down, was when I had an influx of fans in a day and I sent out a message saying, "Hell to new fans!" I forgot the 'o', so I suppose that was "embarrassing" but it takes a lot for me to be embarrassed. Really. But I just burst out laughing, as I usually do, because I have a weird sense of humour.

5. Which is your favorite color? Have you made any reference to it in your story/stories?

A. My favourite colour is blue and I've used it in my stories but not in a symbolic, I just like the colour, and in any shade.

6. Out of the stories you have written on Wattpad, which is the most memorable one?

A. Tattoo of the Black Angel.

(The first book I read on Wattpad! Yay! Loved it!)

7. Are you planning on publishing soon?

A. *taps her nose*

8. Which is your favorite book/series on Wattpad?

A. There's so many. I have recently taken a great liking to Jenni who does loads of fairytale stories. That's what's interested me currently.

9. What kind of help do you provide - critiques, free advice or editing?

A. I used to offer editing and now I do free promotions on Wattpad, blog, twitter, Pinterest and my fanpage. People can PM me with their stories as long as they aren't fanfiction. I'm also have a plethora of knowledge on archaeology and mythology. So if people want some info, you know who to go to :)

10. Which author do you idolize (off Wattpad)?

A. There's SO many. It's a tossup between Andy McDermott and Steig Larsson. I have more compassion towards Larsson because he passed away before his books were published, so he never got the chance to see how amazing the films (the Swedish versions, not the English one. Love the Craig, but the film was crap) were or how brilliant his books were received worldwide.

11. If you were a newbie, which part of the story would you focus on most?

A. The hook and I don't mean Peter Pan, though I do love Hoffman as Hook, much better than Jason Isaacs.

12. Which is your favorite character (off Wattpad) ?

A. ... Nina Wilde! Because she's an archaeologist and she's like Lara Croft in an Indiana Jones world. She's amazing!

13. If you were given a choice to become one character (of your story posted on Wattpad) which one would you be and why?

A. Rick Thane (he'll be posted on Wattpad in Spring this year) and why because he can see and talk to spirits and I'd do anything to talk to my Nan and my Grandma and my friends who passed away as such a young age.

14. Do you prefer dark romance or the usual?

A. Um, the usual but I hate erotica, I find it really seedy.

15. Where do you look for your inspiration?

A. TV, movies, other books, road trip, holidays around the world. It can come from anywhere really.

16. What’s your favorite TV show?

A. *cough* I don't have a TV that has any channels. I just use it for Wii or PS2. Um, so I'm going to stick with Bleach, the anime, because Ichigo rock, enough said.

17. Do you prefer more reads, votes or comments?

A. Neither. I appreciate them all in their own way, but I like it when people post on my message board or PM me with comments, because it's more personal.

18. Imagine the world is collapsing around you, what would you choose to save – technology or books?

A. Neither, I'd chose my dogs. But if I was only given a choice of either, it would be books, because there'd be no technology.

(lol!)

19. What is the best advice you have given and received?

A. Advice given: "I'm sorry but you have posted into the wrong club, please go to the Find an Editor and PM someone to help you. Please also read the Club Guidelines to help you in this particular club."

Advice received. "Maybe next time you should tell someone before you close their thread." My reply, "I wouldn't have to close your thread if you read the rules." End of conversation between us both. I really cannot think of any other advice that people give me... sorry :/

20. Any extra tips for our young writers?

A. Don't be disheartened if you never get 1 million reads in a month, don't be discouraged if no one comments on your story, and don't despair if you hit a snag along the road because no one has ever made 1 million in a month, there's lots of silent readers so they'll never comment but will bookmark your work or add it to their library, and even the best writer's will take a tumble during their writing process.

Here's a great quote that sums up everything I've said, more eloquently: “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” —Ernest Hemingway

(*claps*)

_____________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this interview :) !