Interview with @SallySlater

@SallySlater is the author of 'Paladin' *whispers* and a very patient person for taking the time out of her busy schedule to answer my questions ^-^ ! Thanks Sally!

*ahem* She has also posted a thread called 'How to get reads on Wattpad - Everything you need to know', which is really helpful for the new writers looking for ways to promote their stories. You can check out this thread by clicking on the external link!

Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

A. Most people call me Sally. A few close friends call me Sals. My parents have been known to call me Salamander, but don’t tell anyone I told you that.

2. For how long have you been writing?

A. I pretty much started writing fiction when I joined Wattpad – so for about 3 years now. I’m a fiction baby!

3. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

A. Definitely creating characters. My characters are like my babies (now I’m assuming, as I have no children. I don’t even have a pet). In a sense, being an author and creating characters is like developing a relationship of sorts with them. Sometimes the characters control me, instead of the other way around.

4. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. Yes! I wrote one of my infamous smutty scenes – in fact, the smuttiest of all smutty scenes, in my Paladin spoof book The Untold Restricted Stories, and blasted out an email to my followers on Wattpad to tell them to read the new chapter. I conveniently forgot that my uncle was one of my followers. So he gets an email – from SallySlater on Wattpad – that says read this new chapter. Naturally, it’s from his niece, so he clicks on it and reads the whole thing.

He left me a comment on the chapter! I thought I’d die of mortification. I love when my relatives read my work, but not THAT kind of writing. Now, whenever I send out an email for a new smutty chapter, I send out an explicit warning to my relatives (and my boss, who is also a follower on Wattpad) instructing them NOT to read.

(lol!)

5. Which is your favorite color? Have you made any reference to it in your story/stories?

A. Blue is my favorite color, but I can’t say it’s had any impact on my stories. I do think my personal preferences when it comes to physical appearance have made a difference, however. I’ve always loved green eyes (tooting my own horn here, since I have ‘em) and you will note Sam also has green eyes. That’s probably the only similarity physically we share. Well, maybe that and our big noses!

6. Out of the stories you have written on Wattpad, which is the most memorable one?

A. Paladin is the story of my heart, as corny as that sounds.

7. Are you planning on publishing soon?

A. That’s definitely the goal! I’m working on a massive rewrite of Paladin at the moment, and the goal is to publish that once it’s complete. I’m hoping to go the traditional publishing route.

8. Which is your favorite book/series on Wattpad?

A. I’m really bad at picking favorites, so I’m going to break the rules and pick a few that I’ve enjoyed. I recently read Division of the Marked by @MarchMccCarron, which is a fabulous YA fantasy. @TamaraDW’s Skipping Time is also quite good for something a little heavier on the romance side, and @ironkite’s A Touch of Poison remains an all-time favorite.