Interview with @Karimsuliman

@Karimsuliman is the author of 'Tales of Calradia: The War Band'. You can check out his story by clicking on the external link.

Enjoy !

_____________________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

A. Karim. Recently, some readers nickname me Sultan Karim :)

2. For how long have you been writing?

A. My father gave me a year-agenda when I was five, and I didn't leave it till I filled the 365 pages with my first created comics.

3. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

A. I LOVE dialogues. Actually, I taught myself screenplay writing. It is very tiresome, I have to tell you, but I enjoy imagining the story as if I am watching a movie.

4. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. I was ten, when my classmates caught me writing a story inside the class. They all laughed when they read out loud the silly name of my superhero protagonist: Georgen Action.

5. Which is your favorite color? Have you made any reference to it in your story/stories?

 A. Dark blue. The cover of "Bermuda" is a victim of this.

6. Out of the stories you have written on Wattpad, which is the most memorable one?

A. Definitely, it's "Tales of Calradia". I can't deny that it’s my favorite.

7. Are you planning on publishing soon?

A. I hope one day I see my work published, but I believe I have to wait till my books become well-established here on Wattpad as a beginning.

8. Which is your favorite book/series on Wattpad?

A. "The Viking's Hold" for @JVernis, "The Robber Knight" for @RobThier and "The Arabian Desert" for @Feastofnoise.

9. What kind of help do you provide - critiques, free advice or editing?

A. I have to admit that I am not the most helpful angel here *guilty face*. But whenever I have time, I give thorough feedback -privately- for new writers on their work. I take this issue seriously and that's what delays my response.

10. Which author do you idolize (off Wattpad)?

 A. Paulo Coelho. In his stories, he takes you inside the character's mind.

11. If you were a newbie, which part of the story would you focus on most?

A. The Characters; I would do more detailed planning for them, and it would be better if it was written (as a draft). Now, I am scratching (I love scratching) few lines for each main character of my coming story.

12. Which is your favorite character (off Wattpad) ?

A. I pick Aragorn -Lord of the Rings. I believe he is the one who deserves a story about him, not 'The Hobbit'!

13. If you were given a choice to become one character (of your story posted on Wattpad) which one would you be and why?

A. No question it's Masolon! He is the man who steals the hearts of not only fictional princesss, but female readers as well :D

14. Do you prefer dark romance or the usual?

A. I prefer reading 'unusual romance'. I am easily bored with cliches.

15. Where do you look for your inspiration?

A. I can't name a specific source of inspiration, because the 'attack' happens without any warning signs! However, it usually happens while driving.

16. What’s your favorite TV show?

A. Prison Break and How I Met Your Mother

17. Do you prefer more reads, votes or comments?

A. Every writer likes them all. Every writer becomes happy when his/her work gets popular. Having said that, I must acknowledge the impact of comments that either motivate me to write more, or help me improve my writing.

18. Imagine the world is collapsing around you, what would you choose to save – technology or books?

A. Technology, because with technology you can access books! :D

19. What is the best advice you have given and received?

 A. "All your mistakes are opportunities to improve yourself."

20. Any extra tips for our young writers?

A. Take as much feedback as possible and read for authors with different styles.

____________________________

I hope you enjoyed this interview guys !