Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~14~ An Escape, Not a Sin

~14~ An Escape, Not a Sin

The next day, I still wanted to escape, well, everything. My phone had been off since the call ended with Lulu and as this being the first time for me to turn it on, I only expected calls and texts from my sisters and Lulu. The late messages didn’t even all come in before someone was calling me.

“Hello—”

Are you okay?” Devin asked me.

“Yeah…” I mumbled, not really telling the truth on an emotional or mental state. All he cared about was me being his experiment.

He said he was okay,” he said. It was obvious that he was talking to someone else.

“Wait who are you—”

Where are you?” Angel’s heavenly—ironic—voice asked.

“At home. Why? What’s wrong?” I asked, urgently. She only started to laugh.

I called to ask how you were. Nothing’s wrong with me,” she laughed. I was taken aback by that response, but something in my body made me understand it. “Are you okay?”

“I will be,” I said to her, my brain making another plan in my head. Before my normal self could object, my lips already pronounced the two words to Angel: “Come over.”

“What?” she asked.

“Come over,” I sighed, knowing that I wanted her to come over.

To where? Your house?” she asked.

“No. My lair,” I corrected.

Hmm. Spawn of Satan’s lair…,” she contemplated. Should I be offended? No. Because this was the Angel that I knew. “I’m in.”

“I’ll pick you up,” I offered. She snorted and I knew that on the other side of the phone, she was harassing herself for even being that stupid as to embarrass herself like that, but I happened to think it was cute.

“I don’t need you to pick me up,” she muttered. I raised an eyebrow. “You live a block away from me. Just tell me your house number.”

“If you know where I live, then why do you need the number?” I asked, confused.

“Because I know the general area and street, but I never actually paid attention when…Lulu went there,” she told. I nodded, but for what? It’s not like she could see me…

I told her my house number and she hung up after saying that she’d be over in half an hour.

Wait.

Angel Hallow was coming to my house…

That only meant that I had to rush as fast as I could to clean up my messy room, but it only led to me stuffing everything under my bed and into my closet.

“Pathetic,” my older sister, Vanessa said as she leaned on the doorframe.

“Shut up,” I sneered.

“Lu’s been over here a bazillion times already. She doesn’t care about your room…unless you’re gonna…”

“Ew,” I commented with a shudder, knowing what she was perverted-ly suggesting. “And Lulu’s not coming over.”

She raised an eyebrow and smirked.

“Wow. You’re finally gonna have a new girlfriend,” she applauded. I rolled my eyes and sent her a glare.

“I don’t want one of those for a long time so just go away,” I growled and meant it.

“Fine, fine,” she smiled before leaving, but a second later she appeared again. “You might wanna move that condom into your dresser or something.”