Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~22~ Love Drunk or Drunk Love?

~22~ Love Drunk, or Drunk Love?

(Zac’s POV)

Angel Hallow being the jealous type? No. I don’t believe that. That’s exactly why I cancelled our “double date” to the movies we were supposed to have and exchanged it for a small get together. As I slept the night before, I kept remembering how I had technically slept with Angel and how she said I was perfect for her. I didn’t believe that either. I would have an everlasting crush on her that would amount to nothing. She was surely joking back then.

“Never have I ever,” Lacy suggested.

“Alright,” I allowed, bringing out the bottle of liquor. Make it two bottles of liquor. We all sat in a square on the floor of my newly cleaned room. I looked over to Lacy as her hair was curled around her shoulders. “You first.”

“Never have I ever…gone skinny dipping,” she admitted. I poured myself a shot and downed it. To my surprise, so did Angel. We all gave her an interested look.

“It was a dare okay!” she admitted. Her face reddened and she tried hiding behind her hands. It was sort of cute of her…aside from the sexiness of the thought of her being naked in a pool.

“I’ll leave it to you to call the next one,” I laughed. She removed her hands and still looked embarrassed.

“Never have I ever gotten high on drugs,” she said. Everyone but her took a shot. Which is why she stared at Joey, waiting for an explanation.

“I was a stupid eighth grader…” he reasoned. Angel playfully rolled her eyes. “Never have I ever gotten arrested.”

I was the only one to take a shot.

“Never have I ever…” what was I to say? There’s rarely anything that I haven’t done. “…missed taking a shot at this game.”

Of course I used that only to take another shot. It was one step closer to getting drunk. The drunker I was the faster and easier I could forget about everything…well, hopefully.

“If you mean to just take shots, then take shots, we shall,” Lacy noticed. She filled her shot glass. “Never have I ever kissed anyone.”

Of course everyone took a shot. From then on, we just tried saying something that everyone had done. Lacy had the last topic and all four shot glasses were filled, taking up the last of the first bottle of liquor.

“Never have I ever had sex,” Lacy said, expecting everyone to take the pre-made shots.

I hesitated, wondering what Angel would think of what I had done with Lulu, but then grabbed it anyways. To my surprise, even Joey downed his glass. Angel gulped and then decided to drink hers. It shocked me. She and Brian didn’t seem like the type…But I guess so.

But either way, she looked to Joey.

“And I thought you were a gentleman,” she said to him.