Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~35~ Believe

~35~ Believe

(Zac’s POV)

I woke up with my eyes in pain. And that was before I even opened my eyes. When I did, I didn’t know where I was.

“You’re up already?” a girl asked, stretching in the bed beside me. I flinched away from her naked body. Wtf was going on?

“Bro!” I heard a voice call. Not even seconds later, Luke barged into the trashed room.

“Hi,” the girl next to me said to Luke, who had no shirt on.

“What the h3ll are you doing here?” I growled at him. He was supposed to be locked up.

“Um. I live here?” he replied. Why the h3ll would I live with a delinquent like him after what he did to all of those people? I don’t believe this. “Jane. Get going. You know it’s a Saturday and Lulu’s coming over. I don’t know why the h3ll you two even hooked up last night…”

“Lulu?” I asked.

“She’s still your girlfriend this week, right?” Luke asked, confused.

“I hope not,” Jane said in a very seductive voice and then she kissed my shoulder. I flinched away from her once more and then landed on the hard, wooden floor. I crawled across it until I reached the window.

Not only was I “living” with Luke, but now it had sunk in that I had cheated on Lulu…but I also realized that by Luke’s words, we were still on-again/off-again. Why would I do that? I would never cheat on anyone. Especially Lulu. Even for revenge, that was low!

“DUDE!” Luke yelled at me once more before throwing a phone at me. I saw Lulu’s name calling and I answered.

“Hello?”

Hey, there, fire man,” Lulu’s kind voice greeted.

“Fire man?” I asked. Why would she call me that? I wasn’t even a fireman and even if I did “intern”, it was because of my powers and no one knew about them. Right?

“Oh sh!t,” Luke said across the room. He climbed over my huge bed and then grabbed the phone from me. “He’ll call you back later, bye.”

“Dude?” I asked for once. He placed a hand to my forehead.

“Yup. You’re not even hot,” he said. He backed away and started messing with the random, electrical fireplace in my room. “I think it was your little incident the other day. You think maybe it caused some post-amnesia?”

“What incident?” I asked. He blinked at me.

“When we were at the junk yard, blowing up some sh!t and a car part exploded into you…” he told. What? Why would I blow up sh!t in front of him—better yet, with him?

“I don’t know what you’re talking about…” I said, honestly. He grabbed a metal iron thing for fireplaces, held it in the fire so long that its steel tip started to redden. And then he pressed it to my skin. “Dude!”

“It’s not working,” he noted. I scoffed. Well duh!

And then, with one assumption, I was being hauled to the hospital. My commute there, was interesting. Other than the giant mansion that Luke and I somehow had, everything else had singed walls and ghetto-looking buildings. I asked no questions.

Well, that was until we passed by Angel’s house. No cars were there and there was a sign in front of the house for sale.

“Did the Hallows sell their house?” I asked. He laughed.