Burn in Water, Drown in Fire ~33~ Give Me All Your Love

~33~ Give Me All Your Love

(Angel’s POV)

“Good morning,” Brian smiled at me when I unloading supplies from my backpack into my locker on Thursday.

“What do you want?” I asked, not looking at him.

“Me? Want anything?” he asked. I turned to him. I raised an eyebrow. “Okay…well I need a favor.”

“What Brian?” I asked with no patience. He pulled something out of his backpack and then I saw it to be a laminated copy of some flyer.

“Go with me?” he asked. I grabbed it out of his hand to read it.

The Boys’ and Girls’ Club first annual ice skate bash,” I read it. I raised my eyebrow higher, and his look changed. “Seems like you don’t need dates for this. It’s just a fundraiser.”

He gave me a look.

“Zac’s sister, Vanessa, works there and is asking us to give these out for their fundraiser,” he informed.

“If you said it was a fundraiser, I would’ve said yes,” I said, shutting my locker. “But since you asked me to go with you…no.”

I walked off and he caught up with me.

“Angel,” he addressed. I stayed. “I was kidding. We just need people to go. It’ll be fun. Like a homecoming dance on ice skates.”

“I don’t go to Homecoming dances,” I reminded. He gave me a look.

“Angel,” he warned. I rolled my eyes and looked down the hallway to see Zac and his ladies. I gestured to them.

“Mr. Popular seems to have the whole attendance thing under control,” I said. With his luck he can just post it on Facebook or Twitter where he’s gonna be and bam…at least twenty girls.

“Well he didn’t ask you,” Brian reminded in a mutter. Thanks. “Come on. You can even ask Joey if you want. After all, ice is a form of water and—”

“Pass,” I said, starting to walk again.

“Why?”

“Because I’m not up for going with Joey…anywhere for that matter,” I said. He stood in my path yet again.

“Did you two…?”

I rolled my eyes and then glanced at Zac and them down the hall.

“You tell anyone and I’ll make sure to stab you in the eyes with a knife,” I threatened before walking away from him.

“Love you too!” he yelled down the hall, making the slightest end of my lip raise into a smile of some sort from the thought that he’d have any kind of humor in this. Of course he would; he didn’t want me and Joey together in the first place.

“Angel!” a voice called to me. I looked to see Lulu. “Look. I know this is past overdue, but I’m extremely sorry about what happened in—”

“No worries,” I promised. She gave me a look. “It’s not like it meant anything.”

It meant everything.

SHUT UP.

“You sure?” she asked.

“No harm, no foul,” I assured.

“Well in that case…” she started, hooking her elbow with mine as we started down the hall to our next class. Well losing a lot of things this year, I’m glad that I haven’t fully lost my best friend.

***

“Who was that?” I asked my dad when I came down the stairs after hearing my dad talk to someone at the door.

“Vanessa Tyler,” my dad answered. Vanessa? Why would she be here? “The Boys’ and Girls’ Club is having a fundraiser.”

“And?”

“And I think I’m gonna get my company to sponsor them so their building doesn’t get shut down,” he answered.

“This doesn’t mean we have to go to that ice skating thing, right?” I asked, hopeful.

“Yes it does,” he said. Crap. “And you’re going to help.”

Sh!t.

“How the h3ll am I supposed to help?” I asked.

“Language,” he said.

“Sorry. I thought it and it came out,” I admitted. “But seriously, what am I supposed to help out with.”

“Cotton Candy,” he answered.

Cotton Candy?” I repeated. He nodded and then went into his downstairs room. Wtf did I do to him…geez.

“With Devin!” he added. UGH.

(Zac’s POV)

“At least it’s not some stupid kissing booth,” Brian commented. Yes, because popcorn’s better.

“Right, because that’s Lulu’s thing,” I hissed. He held his hands up defensively. “Sorry. I don’t know why, but I’ve been feeling pissed off at every little thing…”

“Well that’s not good,” Brian humored. “Why?”

I looked around and my eyes laid on Angel, who was helping my sister with the cotton candy machine.

“Who told her she can come here?” I hissed. Just because it was a “public event”, doesn’t mean she had to be here.

“Guilty,” Brian confessed, I snapped around at him.

“You son of a—”

“It’s for charity!” he reminded. I rolled my eyes. “And for your own good…”

“As long as I don’t have to see her with Joey,” I muttered. Brian’s face changed and I looked over my shoulder. Devin and Joey had walked up to Angel right as my sister left. Just my luck, I saw Angel and Joey hug, but decided it was better than a kiss…which never happened. I focused my super hearing on their conversation anyways.

“Sure thing,” Devin said and he started to jog in a new direction, leaving the lovers alone. Great.

“So how are you?” Joey asked her as if they’d spent any time apart.

“Just fine. You?” she responded.

“Better now,” he answered, trying to produce a mild smile, but failed. Better from what?

“Well I guess that’s good,” Angel replied, nicely. What was this?

Joey nodded and then was called over by Devin who was at some other game station. Before leaning, he bent down to whisper something in Angel’s ear that only I could hear from this distance.

“I’m sorry if you feel otherwise, but I didn’t want it to be this way either,” he whispered before leaving. Angel looked after him as if heartbroken, but no. Angel Hallow couldn’t be heartbroken after a months-long boyfriend rather than her year-long boyfriend (Brian)…right?

“What was that about?” Brian asked.

“Nothing,” I lied and looked back to him. Oh right. His vision was enhanced, but not his hearing. Then why couldn’t he see this and interpret it? Oh right. He can’t.