Chapter 3 The Box

The picture above is how I imagine Charlotte's mom. For those of you who recognize her it's Kim Rhodes A.K.A Sheriff Jody Mills on Supernatural.

"All I was doing was making popcorn and it caught fire!" I say, as I try to explain to my mom why the kitchen was full of smoke and there was a burnt pot laying in the front yard.

"Were you watching it?" She lifts an eyebrow, already knowing I wasn't.

"No..." I sigh. "But I had a good reason. Look!" I pick up a box of the kitchen table and hand it to her. "This was left on the porch. It just had my name on it, no return address, as usual."

She opens it and sifts through the contents for a few minutes, pulling things out. A small teddy bear, a necklace, a flower, a picture of me sleeping, and lastly a letter. I hadn't opened it myself even though it was addressed to me, this isn't the first time one has appeared and my mom is a cop so she has to handle these things.

"Hm well it seems the contents are safe. Let me read the letter though and then I have to go report this." My mom says trying not to show how worried she is. I've had a stalker for a few years now and we've moved 3 times. Each time we do he just moves with us.

My mom reads the note out loud. "'My princess, I hope you liked the gifts I sent and I can't wait to see you again. Seeing you at the store, being so close to you, almost touching you. That was one of the best days of my life. I hope you aren't too anxious to see me princess. Our time will come soon. Until next time, I love you.' and it's signed with two x's again so it's the same person."

My mom sets the note down and pulls me in for a hug, speaking lowly. "How do you feel about moving again? We'll do it quietly this time, sneak our stuff out, and then leave in the middle of the night. Maybe this time we can lose him."

I hug her back. "Are you sure mom? You'd have to find another job and what if it doesn't work, what if it just makes him angry? We've never seen him angry and I don't think I want to."

"There are police departments everywhere sweetie and I'll be able to protect you. Maybe we can dye our hair and change our names." She says jokingly smiling at me.

I smile back at her. "I don't know mom, I'll think about it. But we'd have to be really sneaky because he seems to know everything about me. And you too."

She nods and steps back. "I know sweetie, how about you order us a couple of pizzas while I report this, the money is in my purse."

She picks up the box and her cellphone and walks into the other room. I use my phone to order two pizzas online, along with a bottle of Dr. Pepper.

                  ⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Forty long minutes later the pizza arrives. I give the pizza man the money, he gives me my pizza and drink and then just stands there staring.

"Is there anything else?"

"Oh, uh-uh no, no, nothing else. Have a goodnight!" He spits out before practically running to his car.

I shrug and walk back inside with the food. "Mom! Pizza's here!" I call out setting everything down on the table.

She runs down the stairs, changed from her uniform into jeans and a plain shirt. "Great, I'm starving!"

We sit and eat, talking about our days, and anything interesting that may have happened. Not that much ever did except the boxes. As soon as we're finished eating we go into the living room and my mom puts on a movie.

                       ⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

When I wake up the house is dark, the tv is off, and I'm the only one left on the couch. A blanket has been draped over me and a pillow put beneath my head. Why did I wake up? Tap tap. Tap tap tap. That's why. I get up to investigate. The sound seems to be coming from my room. I grab the biggest knife we have and go to wake up my mom.

"Mom." I shake her gently. "I think somethings in the house." She bolts up from her sleep.

"Grab my gun for me." She says and gets up, I hand her the gun and we walk towards my room together. Tap tap tap tap. Tap. "Did you here that?" I whisper fear creeping into my voice.

My mom only nods and stands beside my door reaching over and slowly turning the knob. She quickly pushes it open.

Well, so far so good. I wonder what the tapping could be? for those who have already read this, it is not the same as last time, I promise. I guess you'll just have to wait and find out! I hope you enjoyed!