Chapter 28 Maid

Wind softly blows through the trees, birds chirp merrily, and the sun shines down on the green grass. Mason sits beside me and my mom sits across from me with Agent Riley at her side. 

A picnic is spread out before us and I smile. 

"So," My mom starts with a teasing grin. "How are you two?"

I grin back and hold out my hand showing her the ring. "He proposed!"

My mom squeals in delight and grabs my hand to look closer at the ring and Agent Riley starts talking to Mason.

We talk and laugh together while the sun crosses the sky. Standing together, we watch the sunset and I look around at the people around me, smiling.

"I love yo-"

My dream is cut off when I'm jerked awake by the man, whose name I still don't know.

He sneers at me. "Good morning sweetheart, I hope you slept well."

I glare at him, I don't want him to know about my dream, it's my only solace in this terrible place.

He only grins at me and unlocks my chains and throws me over his shoulder. I cry in pain as his hands grip my back painfully.

I do my best to squirm without hurting myself, but instead end up hurting myself even more. By the time we get to where ever it is we're going tears are streaming heavily down my face and my body is shaking from the sobs.

He sets me down on a chair and handcuffs my wrist to it. Then he moves away from me and I look around the room and see we're in a kitchen. The walls and cabinets are a bright red color and the appliances are all black, from the double door refrigerator to the oven and even the toaster. 

The table I'm seated at is gray marble and stool is the same color as the cabinets and walls.

He moves over to the fridge and pulls out some things I can't see. While he cooks, I decide to look at my arms.

The sight of them makes me want to vomit. They're engraved with letters and crusted with blood. I can Make out a D, an M, and a N.

Before long a plate is set in front of me with one egg, a sausage link, and a piece of toast. He also sets a glass of water down before sitting across from with a full plate, pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, and biscuits.

I sigh softly and quickly eat my small breakfast. I finish way before he does and I sit quietly, staring at the wounds on my arms.

I wish someone would save me, but I doubt Mason will be able too. This guy seems too smart to let anyone find him, or me for that matter.

I will just have to suffer through the pain.

He finally finishes and unlocks my handcuff. "Now sweetheart, take our dishes to the sink and wash them."

I look up in shock, glaring at him. "I am not your maid!"

He slaps me hard across the face. "You will do as I tell you, or you will be punished." 

I glare at him, but not in the mood for more punishment, I grab the dishes and put them in the sink, taking my time washing them.

When I'm done he takes me back the way we came, me walking this time, and shoves me into a room, locking the door from the outside. 

The tiny room is painted a plain white, with a small bed in one corner and a dresser in the other. There is two doors. I open one and find a small closet with a couple maid outfits and a few plain clothes.

The other door leads into a small bathroom with a tub, toilet, and a sink. 

I decide to take a shower and wash all the blood and dirt off of me. I pull out a pair of sweats a black t-shirt and some clean underwear. 

I turn the shower on the hottest it can go and jump in. The water stings my back, but I don't move until the water runs clear. I wash my hair a few times until it's clean and wash my body until there isn't a speck of dirt left. 

I get out and dress quickly, being careful of the marks on my back. Walking back into the small room, I lay on the bed on my front and close my eyes.

The next thing I know, I'm asleep.

Hey guys! Now, if you noticed, the guy carved a word into Charlotte's arms. The word is his name, you have three letters D,M,N. The first to guess his name correctly (spelling counts), gets a chapter dedication, a follow, or a read of one of your books (your choice). I hope at least one person participates! (Sad I know). Anyways I hope you all liked this chapter! Tell me, what do you think Mason's plan is? What do you think of the book so far? Where do you want it to go? All feedback is welcome.