Chapter 19 Birthday

I'm on my way to Lucas' hotel room right now. Jess is driving me. He said he has something special planned for me. I tell her to stop outside of a restaurant. I told her this is where I'm meeting my 'date'. I'm wearing a black lace dress with matching heels. I wait until Jess has driven off before starting my walk to the motel.

Ten minutes later I finally see the hotel. I walk up to the door and knock. A few seconds later the door opens.

.

.

.

A couple of hours after I got there, we finally finish dinner. He made an amazing homemade lasagna and cheesecake. He paired it with a strawberry wine. It was the best meal I've had for a while. He helps me out of my chair and leads me to the bed after he cleans up. He makes me sit down and sits beside me. He leans over, picking up a box from the nightstand and hands it to me. 

I hesitate. What if it's something bad? But he's been so nice to me. I decide to take the chance and open it. Inside is the most expensive looking camera I've ever seen and some sort of attachment. Wow, he has to be joking. I pull out the camera, looking at him. 

"Is this for real? this camera costs like 4,000 dollars! How did you get this?" I ask incredulously. 

"It's for real darling. Money doesn't matter when it comes to you. I'd spend all the money in the world just to please you."

I force myself to tear up. He has to think I love this, maybe then he won't try to take me again. "You really do care about me, don't you?"

He nods. "I do darling. I have for a long time."

He slowly puts his arm around me, I cringe inside, but I don't move away. I have to make this believable. 

"Princess, how did you get here?" He asks.

"Jess drove me, she didn't ask questions and I had her drop me off a block away, in front of a restaurant. No one knows you're here. I told her I didn't need her to pick me up." 

He sighs relieved. "Well, then I'll drive you home. It's getting late and we don't want your mom to get worried."

I nod and put the camera back in the box, then I stand up smoothing out my dress. "Thank you for tonight."

He smiles and I smile back. Then, he gently grabs my arm leading me to the door. I want to yank it away so bad, but I know I can't. I have to play along, I remind myself. He shuts off the light and leads me outside, locking the door.

He helps me into the car and then gets into the car himself and drives off. 

Ten minutes later, we pull up  in front of my house.

"Well, here we are." He says softly. I lean over, kissing his cheek. Oh lord, I feel like throwing up. I force myself to smile softly.

"Goodnight Lucas, I had a lot of fun tonight."

"Goodnight princess, I'm glad you did." He says with a huge smile on his face. I walk away and walk into my house. As soon as I'm in I run to my bathroom, brushing my teeth vigorously. I brush them three times. I can't get the taste of him out of my mouth.

I strip out of my clothes and get in the shower. I scrub my body till I'm red and raw. I still feel his hands on me.

Finally, after two hours I get out of the shower. I get dressed in my fluffiest pajamas and curl into my bed.

.

.

.

I lay in my bed, the house is quiet and dark. It's about 6 in the morning and I'm so excited I can't sleep. Today is my birthday, I'll finally be 18, an adult. Wow I am so not ready to be an adult, but at the same time I am. I can't wait to do adult things, but also the responsibility is a lot to handle.