Chapter 25 The Date-Part 2

After dinner we get back in the car.

"I have somewhere special to show you." Mason tells me with a grin on his face.

"Where?" I ask curiously.

"It's a surprise."

I groan. "Mason, I hate surprises."

He grins cheekily. "I know."

.

.

.

It takes about an hour to get there. We park in front of a patch of woods.

I look at him incredulously. "Are you serious? The woods?"

He just grins and gets out of the car, walking around to help me out. My heels sink into the soft ground, instantly making me a few inches shorter. 

"Mason! I can't walk in heels in this, and I can't walk barefoot either. And it's getting dark out"

He grins and walks over to me, sweeping me up into his arms, bridal style. "Well, now you don't have to walk at all."

I roll my eyes playfully and wrap my arms around his neck. He starts walking into the woods. I look around in wonder at the trees and flowers and animals, wishing I had my camera. After a few minutes of walking we walk into a clearing.

He lets me down gently and I look around. By now the moon is high in the sky, lighting up the clearing with the help of the millions of stars. In the middle, of the clearing a blanket is laid out flat with another folded up in a corner, two pillows, and a box in the middle. 

I smile and look at Mason. "Stargazing?"

"I thought you'd like it." He smiles shyly. "Do you?"

"Of course!" I run over to the blanket and lay down grabbing both of the pillows and laying them out. I look over at him. "Are you coming?"

He walks over slowly, his eyes trained on me, a grin plastered on his face. He finally reaches the blanket and lays down beside me, grabbing the blanket and covering us up. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

I settle into his side and gaze up at the stars. There's so many of them, shining so brightly. My thoughts drift towards him. He was my stalker and my kidnapper, I should hate him. But, I don't. He made my life hell for 4 years, but he's helping me forget.

I watch the stars for a while and somehow end up falling asleep.

.

.

.

I wake up to sunlight blinding me and Eli's arm pinning me to the bed. When did we get home? I slowly remove Eli's arm from me and set it by him and get up, grabbing some clothes from the closet and heading into the bathroom.

I turn on the water and look in the mirror while waiting for it to heat up. My once dark red hair is now a muted red, black strands still mixed in, and frizzy. My bright green eyes have dulled and now have bags.I look healthier than I did, but still tired.

Finally, the water is warm enough and I step in, relishing the feeling of the warm water on my back. 

I hum softly as I get dressed in tights and a long red and black flannel shirt. I walk out of the bathroom to find Mason sitting up in bed, his hair disheveled. He grins when he sees me. "Good morning darling."

"Good morning Mason, did you manage to go to the store yesterday? We're out of eggs and bread."

"Oh, no sorry darling I forgot." The phone rings. "Hold on, I'm going to take this in the hallway, stay in here please."

He takes the phone into the hallway and I sit on the bed for a second before curiosity gets the better of me and I tip toe to the door. I can hear snippets of the conversation. 

"Yea I'll get it to you......don't worry....have it.....come by.......I'll send her to the store.....yes...see you then."

I quickly get back to the bed, sitting like I hadn't moved. He comes back in a few minutes later. 

"Hey darling, how would like to go to the store? As long as you promise not to run. Can I trust you?"

I nod quickly. "You can trust me, I promise I'll just get what we need and come back."

He walks over, pulling me into a long hug, kissing my forehead. "Okay darling, don't be too long, I love you."

I won't." I say and he hands me the keys and his card. 

"Buy anything you want or think we need darling." He kisses my forehead one more time before walking me to the door.

I get in the car, waving to him before he closes the door. I start the car and back out, driving towards town. I get to the store and park. I walk in quickly grabbing eggs, bread, some cookie mix, and ice cream, before checking out. I put the bags in the car and get in.

My phone buzzes, it's Mason, I pick up the phone. 'Darling, where are you?'

'I'm at the store why? What's going on? Is everything okay?'

'No, I'm sorry darling. There are some people after you. I need you to get here NOW! I didn't want you involved in this, I'm sorry.'

I look out the rear view mirror and see someone following close behind, I take a few turns and they follow each one.

'Mason? Someone's following the car! What do I do? I'm scared...'

'Keep driving try to make it to the police station.'

I drive towards where I think the police station is, the black sedan keeps on my tail. 'Okay I'm headed there now?' Bam. Bam. Gunshots. Oh no! They're shooting at the car.

'Eli! They're shooting at the car! What do I do?'

'Drive as fast you can. Don't slow down, but be careful.'

I hear the tire get hit and I start swerving. 'Eli! The tire was hit they're coming for me!'

I try to keep driving but end up hitting a tree. I try to get out but a man appears at my door. His dark hair falling in his dark eyes. He looks terrifying.

He grins. "Well, well, well, you must be Charlotte. I'm going to have to ask you to come with me."

Unknown POV

 I put the rag over her face, she struggles hard, she's feisty. I like it. Finally, she passes out. Her phone buzzes in the passenger seat. I pick it up. Oh look at that, Mason

'Hello Mason.' I type. 'Been awhile. You owe me money, so I'm taking your precious Charlotte. I think I'll have a LOT of fun with her. Goodbye Mason.'

'You Bastard!' The phone buzzes almost instantly. 'Give her back! I'll get your money just give me her!'

Hmm, he really loves her. I grin, good.

'No can do Mason, don't bother messaging again.'

'You better watch your back you bastard, I'm coming for you.'

I read before I smash the phone to pieces. I pull Charlotte from the car, throwing her in the back of mine before getting in the passenger seat telling Derek to drive. I look back at her, she's really pretty. 

We're going to have a lot of fun. I grin as we drive out of Seattle.

Hey guys! I know it hasn't been very intense yet, I know but trust me. In the next few chapter things are going down. I hope you guys liked this chapter! See you in the next chapter!