Chapter 5 Meeting Mystery Man

The song is Tag, You're It by Melanie Martinez

This is dedicated to one of my best friends who has been with me this whole time and kept me going even though I slacked off Anastasiamaria01

The door swings open and my mom reaches in, flicking on the light. She walks in and looks around, checking under the bed, in the closet, and in the bathroom before telling me I can come in. I look over on my desk. "Mom, there's a note and a set of keys." She walks over and pick up the note, reading through it before handing it to me.

'My dearest princess, I hope you like your gift. I know you've  wanted one for a while, so go ahead, look out your window. I'll see you soon.'

I walk over to the window and look out. "Mom! Look!" She looks out the window and gasps.

"Honey, I've got to call this in, will you be okay in here?"

I nod and stare out the window at my car, my dream car. She pulls out her phone and call the station walking away a bit but still in the room. I hear her telling them that the car was left right outside the house and the window was unlocked. I pick up the note, reading it again. Who would do this? Spend so much money on me? I'm not special or pretty or funny.

She walks over to the window, putting her phone back in her pocket. "It's a beautiful car."

I smile at her. "I thought so too, how did it go on the phone?"

She sighs and sits beside me. "Right now there isn't much they can do, we're stretched real thin at the station, with Maria on maternity leave and Jake with his broken leg."

I put the note on the bed and hug her tight. "I'm sorry mom."

She hugs me back and we sit like that for a minute. She pulls away. "Do you want to go get some food? Or go shopping or something? I just want to get out of the house for a bit." She says. "You can drive your new car."

"Let's go to the mall, they have food and shopping. I'll get ready."

"Okay don't take too long."

                        ⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅ 

An hour later we're at the mall. I pull my mom with me into a new store that just opened 'Hot Topic'. They have band and fandom merch and all kinds of other things. My mom smiles at me as I search through the band tees. Finally I pick out two from my favorite band and then move to the cash register to pay. 

Then I let my mom drag me to her favorite store. She picks up a few things and we shop for a bit more before stopping at the food court to get some food. We head to different places, she goes to Chick-Fil-A and I go to Taco Bell. We meet up at a table and sit down. 

"So," my mom starts, "have you thought about what I asked yesterday? About," she lowers her voice, "moving?" She looks at me hopefully.

"I..I don't know mom, last time we moved he found us again. If we move he'll just find us again and we'd have started over again all for nothing." I say quietly, not wanting to be overheard in case he was around. "I don't want to start over just to have it fall apart again mom." I look down at my lap, tears welling in my eyes.

"Oh Char, my baby," my mom reaches her hand across the table and grabs mine, "I know it's hard but we could have a whole new life, we could change our names, dye our hair, get contacts maybe. We could be whole new people no one would ever know. At least think about it for me Char," she looks at me pleadingly, "please, just think about it."

I sigh softly and wipe my eyes. "I'll think about it mom, I promise." I finish my food and stand up. "Can we go to the pet store before we leave? To look at the bunnies, maybe play with a dog?" I ask plastering on a fake smile.

"Of course honey," she says gathering our trash and throwing it away, "let's stop there and then we can go home."

We head into the pet store, I pick up a small gray bunny holding it and petting it. Then, we play with a small labradoodle, she bites at our clothing and licks our faces. By the time we leave my good mood is back.

                     ⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Two hours later

I'm home, alone. My mom was called in to the station so she left me here. Right now I'm watching Netflix on the couch with ice cream in my lap. Thud. The noise came from my room. I ignore it thinking that it's just my imagination. Creak. I hear my door open. I can't ignore it now. My heart beats a mile a minute as I get up setting the ice cream down and run to the kitchen grabbing a knife.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." I hear someone say from behind me.

I scream and turn around backing away towards the counted. "Who are you and what are you doing in my house!?"

"Shh its okay princess I'm not here to hurt you, I love you! I'm just here to take you with me so we can be together!" He moves towards me. "I promise I won't hurt you darling just please come with me willingly."

I shake my head holding the knife out towards him. "Stay away! I'm calling my mom." I reach for my phone only to realize, I don't have it.

"Looking for this?" He grins holding my phone. "You left it on the couch darling, if you come with me willingly I may let you have if back." He says it like that's generous of him.

"No!" I yell. "I'm not going with you! Get that through your head! I don't know you and I don't love you!"

Something in him snaps and a ton of emotions flit through his eyes before he finally settles on anger.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be Charlotte. Just come with me and you won't get hurt, if you're difficult I can't promise the safety of your mother." He hisses.

My heart jumps into my throat, he wouldn't hurt my mom, he wouldn't dare. She's stronger than him! She's a police officer! "You...you can't hurt her! She's-"

He cuts me off . "She's a police officer, I know darling." He sighs dramatically.

"I've watched over you for years darling I know everything about you." He grins, a dark look passing over his face. "Every. Little. Detail. From how you shower to how you sleep. From your favorite food to your favorite color I know you like the back of my hand darling."

My chin drops in horror, my eyes opening wide. "Y-you watch me shower!?" I yell terrified. Backing even farther into the counter.

He grins again. "And I watch you sleep as well, don't forget that darling." He steps even closer. "Now come with me Charlotte, don't make this difficult."

I shake my head, keeping the knife steady. "I won't, stay back!"

He sighs. "Now you're just being childish. Don't make me hurt you please!"

I shake my head. "For the last time! I am not going with you! I! Don't! Love! You! Get it through your head!" I yell at him, probably not the wisest thing I could've done.

He clenches his teeth and narrows his eyes. "Remember, you made me do this." He says lowly and it terrifies me.

I hold out the knife, my hand shaking. "Stay back! I will hurt you!"

"You won't hurt me darling." He says and in a flash he's beside me, knocking the knife out of my hand. He grabs my arms, holding them tightly, tears fill my eyes.. "I warned you princess." He growls leaning real close. "I told you not to make it difficult."

He pulls a rag out of his pocket holding it against my face. I struggle, holding my breath as long as I can. Everything starts going dark until finally I breathe and my vision blacks out completely. The last thing I hear is "You're mine princess, forever."

Hey guy! Guess what? It's over 1,000 words! 1371 to be exact From now on the chapter will be longer! I'm so excited for this! Hope you guys enjoyed!