Chapter 9 Her Escape

I run into the closet and look at the clothes I have. I can't believe I get to go out. I already have a plan worked out. I grab a nicer pair of jeans and shirt and change in the closet. When I come out he makes me let him put a blindfold on before we leave. He helps me into the car and we drive away. 

.

.

.

We've been driving for a long while now. Finally, he parks the car and takes off my blindfold.

He turns to me and says sternly. "We're here darling, now listen, you have to behave in here. You stick by me, hold my hand at all times unless I give you permission not to. You don't talk to anyone unless I say so. This is just to keep you safe. There are some people who want to take you away from me. If you disobey you will be punished, understand?"

I nod. "Can we go in now?"

"Yes." He says and gets out of the car, helping me out and lacing his fingers with mine as we walk in.

We walk in and he asks. "Where do you want to go first?"

I shrug and we just walk around for a little. After about 15 minutes I decide to execute my plan. "Uhm I need to use the restroom." I say quietly.

"Okay, just remember, don't talk to anyone in there and don't take too long, okay?" I nod. "Okay, let's go."

He leads me to the bathroom and I go in. I wait for someone to come out of the stall. "Ma'am can I borrow your phone, please? It's urgent. I was kidnapped by a maniac and I need help. Please help me." She hands me her phone. "Thank you, thank you so much." 

I dial my mom's phone number. 

"Hello?"

"Mom? It's me!"

"Char? Is it really you? Where are you?!" I look at the lady.

"Where are we?" I ask her.

"Denver." She says.

"I'm in Denver mom at the mall. Cherry Creek Shopping Center. Please help me mom." I plead tearing up.

"Of course I will baby. I'm going to hang up and call Denver police, you call 911. I love you."

"I love you too mom, bye." She hangs up and I call 911.

"911 what is your emergency." The operator says calmly.

"I was kidnapped, I need help."

"Where are you right now?"

"Cherry Creek Shopping Center, in the bathroom. He's going to get suspicious, I need help."

"Cops are on their way stay calm and stay where you are miss."

"I can't he'll come in here looking for me."

"Stay in there as long as you can, if you have to leave go to the food court. The police are almost there."

"Okay thank you." 

"The police are there."

She disconnects and I hand the phone back to the lady. "Thank you so much." 

She smiles. "No problem honey do you want me to stay with you? Until the police get here?" 

I hesitate and then nod. "If you would please. In case he tries to come in." 

"Okay." She pats my back. "I'm sorry this happened to you honey. But now you can go home." 

I smile gratefully at her and someone pounds on the door. I jump and look at her terrified. "Denver Police Department! Charlotte Jackson are you in there? Please come out!" 

The lady looks at me. "Let me go first, just in case." I nod and she opens the door. A bunch of police officers stand there. "Is Charlotte Jackson in there?" One of them asks her.

"I'm here." I say and step forward. "Did you catch him?"

"No, but I have men on his trail. Come one, let's get you home."

.

.

.

After that everything's a blur until I get home. They found the house he kept me in but he wasn't there. They brought my car back and I sit on my bed staring out the window.

"I'm so sorry Char. I shouldn't have left you alone. It's all my fault." She starts crying and I turn and hug her tightly. 

"It isn't your fault mom, you had to go to work I don't blame you."

 "I feel like it is. I left you alone and he got you. I thought I would never see you again. I was so scared." She squeezes me even tighter. I squeeze her back and we break apart sitting back. "How do you feel about moving now?"

"I think we should." I say quietly. "And we can dye our hair too." I laugh.

"Okay, I'll set things up with-" Someone knocks on the front door. ""There he is."

"Who?" I ask but she doesn't answer, leading me to the front door. She opens it and a FBI agent stands there.

"Char, this is Agent Riley. He will be helping us move and also keeping an eye on you while his team looks for your stalker."

He holds out his hand. "Nice to meet you Charlotte." I shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you as well."

.

.

.

A couple of hours later, with the help of Agent Riley, we have what we need packed and loaded into the car. We don't have much, but it took us awhile because we didn't want him to see. Agent Riley had bought me and mom hair dye. black for her and blonde for me. I didn't really want to dye my hair but if I didn't it would be easier for him to find me.

He also got us contacts, both blue. We get into our cars and drive to a motel right outside of town for the night. We go in and I put my bag on the table in the room and me and mom go into the bathroom to dye our hair. She helps me do mine and then does hers. We put the contacts in and I don't recognize us anymore. 

The girl in the mirror isn't me. It makes me sad. My hair was so unique and I loved it. Now it's just blonde. Hopefully it won't be for long, but something's telling me it will be.

Ha..ha.. hey guys! Sorry for making you wait so long, but I didn't have a computer and updating on my phone is difficult, and then..... I dropped my phone in the toilet, because of that lost the pic I had of charlotte with blond hair, I'll put it up as soon as I find it. So... here I am again. Hopefully you like this one, if you see any errors please let me know! Until next time!