Chapter 4 The Present (Mystery Man POV)

The delivery driver sits unconscious in his car, his loose fitting outfit covering my own. I rung her doorbell and wait fir my princess to open the door. When she does I stand in awe of her beauty.

"Is there anything else? My angel asks.

"Oh uh-uh no no, nothing else, have a good night." That's all I'm able to spit out before running back to my car. God she's beautiful and she makes me so nervous.

I peel off the uniform and throw it in the passenger seat of his car and get in my own before driving off. I have somewhere to be.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

People chatter all around me at the car dealership while I'm picking up my princess' present. One of my friends dropped me off here, while I left my car near Charlotte's house. I show the attendant my receipt and he leads me towards the car, a beautiful 1967 Chevy Impala, 4 doors and black. Exactly how she wanted it. It's her dream car. I hope she likes it.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Around 11 o'clock I drive to her house, flowers sitting in the passenger seat and a gift wrapped box in the back. I pull up right outside, where she can see it from her window. I get out shutting the door quietly.

I walk up the drive to her window. I peek in, the bed is still made and the room is dark and empty. She must have fallen asleep in another room.

I open the window and quietly crawl in. I look around her room, moving to her bed and picking up a pillow, smelling it. It smells just like her. I put the pillow back in place and look around for a good place to leave the note and keys. I finally decide to just leave them on her desk.

I crawl back out the window shutting it quietly and then tap on it. Tap tap tap. Tap tap. I wait until I hear movement and do it again. I hear people walking to the door so I do it one last time. Tap tap tap. Tap. And then I duck into the bushes. I hear the door swing open and what I assume is her mother walk in first and then the softer steps of my beautiful Charlotte. The light turns on and I can see a shadow in the light, stretched across the yard. I wait a few minutes and hear a gasp and my beautiful Charlotte say, "Mom, there's a note, and a set of keys." I smile delighted, knowing she would love it.

I keep away from the window so I'm not seen when she looks out. I hear the window open and watch her look at the car. "Mom! Look!" I take a few pictures of her before sneaking back to my car and driving away.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

The next day, I drive over to Charlotte's house, to check on her. Both cars are gone, meaning her mom's at work and Charlotte must have gone somewhere with a friend.

I walk around to the side of her house and peek into her window. Her bed is made and she's not there. I look in each window, nobody's home. I walk back to the back door and jimmy it open. I sneak in shutting the door behind me, stopping to listen for any noise.

Satisfied that there really is no one home, I look around in each room, saving Charlotte's for last. I walk into her room, pulling out a small box from my pocket along with an envelope. I set them both on her bed. I then wander back out of her room, stopping to listen for anyone. Hearing nothing I decide its safe to leave. I go back out the way I came in, making sure to lock it. I quickly get back in my car, waiting for Charlotte to come home.

Hey guys, another short one, I know! I'm sorry. They will get longer I promise, just be patient with me! I hope you enjoyed!