Chapter 26 Captured

Darkness surrounds me. All I hear is my own footsteps and heavy breathing as I run. I don't know what I'm trying to get away from but I know that if whatever it is catches me I'll be dead.

Light suddenly fills my vision and i see that I'm surrounded by trees.

Crack!

I don't look behind me, instead I run faster, but it doesn't seem like I'm moving very fast at all.

Crack!

Another twig snaps behind me, closer this time. I turn my head, looking behind me. He stands there, a sadistic grin plastered on his face. I don't know his name, but he looks oddly familiar, and terrifying.

"Charlotte." He calls softly.

I step back, but he steps closer. "Charlotte, wake up." He calls louder. He steps even closer, his hand raising and-

Slap!

I jerk awake, my cheek stinging. Gasping I look up, meeting the cold glare of the man from my dream. I try to reach up to hold my cheek, only to find that my wrists are chained to the chair I'm sitting in. I look down to find my ankles in the same position.                                   

I panic, pulling at the chains holding me to the chair. The man only grins.

"There's no getting out of those sweetheart." He says, amusement in his voice.

I glare at him, there's no way I'm just going to sit here and let him do what he wants. I was finally getting comfortable in my life again and now he's taken me away from it all. 

'What. Do. You. Want?" I growl through clenched teeth.

"Well, sweetheart, Mason owes me money, quite a bit of of it in fact. So, because he hasn't paid me back, I'm going to use you as leverage. And while you're here," He says, smirking darkly, "I think we'll have some fun."

Crack!

My head whips to the side, I can taste the blood and feel my lip swelling. He punched me.

I spit out blood onto the floor, which I notice is concrete. I take a moment to look around the room we're in. It's made of concrete, the only door I see is across the room from me.

Crack!

Another hit, this time to my temple. Black dots cloud my vision until finally I succumb to the darkness.

.

.

.

"Sweetheart. Come on, wake up." I feel someone roughly pull me up and unwillingly, my eyes shoot open. I find myself facing dark brown, almost black eyes.

I try to jerk back, almost tipping the chair over. He pulls me back, grinning.

"Going so soon? I thought we were having fun. Well, if you aren't having fun now, you will be." He smirks darkly.

"If you thought what Mason did to you was bad, and I know what he did to you, I helped him, then you're in for a treat. What Mason did to you will seem like pleasure compared to the torture I'm going to put you through."

I do my best to keep my face emotionless, I can't let him know how much he's terrifying me. But God is he terrifying me, he makes every horror movie I've ever watched seem like a kids movie, he makes Mason seem like a saint.

I finally break away from his gaze, looking down at the ground. He reaches his hand, grabbing a fistful of my hair and pulling my head back so I'm looking him in the eye again.

"Don't. Look. Away. From. Me." The man growls. I whimper softly and he grins.

"You belong to me now sweetheart, don't forget that." With that he walks across the room, stopping before the he leaves. "If you behave I'll bring you something to eat later." He leaves the room and I hear it lock.

I wait a few moments to make sure he isn't coming back before I pull at my chains experimentally. They don't budge so I pull a bit harder, rocking the chair. I pull even harder and the chair tips back, for a second I think I'm going to fall, then it tips back, rocking slightly before stilling completely.

I breathe in and then yank as hard as I can on the chains, they break and the chair falls backwards.

Crack!

My head slams on the concrete. I fight to stay conscious, my vision blurring, black dots swimming before my eyes. I grit my teeth fighting against the urge to scream in pain. The pain finally subsides a bit after a few minutes and I bring my upper body into sort of a sitting position so I can freae my ankles.

After working at it for a while I'm finally able to free myself completely. I drag myself up out of the chair and walk slowly to the door. I try the knob and as I suspected, it's still locked. I reach up, feeling through my hair which is slowly coming undone from its bun and find a couple bobby pins. 

I learned how to pick a lock from Agent Riley he thought it might prove to be useful, he was right. I do as he showed me and sigh in relief as I hear the click of the lock. I push the door open slowly and soundlessly. It leads up a set of dark stairs. I start up them, trying my best to be silent.

Finally, I reach the top. The stairs lead to a door, I press my ear against it, listening. I don't hear anything so I try the knob. Locked. I pick the lock and open the door slowly. It leads out into what looks like a living room. The room has a long black couch, a huge flatscreen tv, a marble coffee table a huge bookcase full of movies, and.. a front door!

I look around, making sure I don't see anyone and rush to the door. Again I try the knob and again its locked. Just as I go to pick the lock I hear a voice behind me.

"Well. Well. Well. Look at what we have here." I turn slowly. "Trying to escape are we?" The man stands there, a menacing grin on his face.

He walks to me slowly, until he's right in front of me. He leans close and I feel his breath fan across my face. "I guess I'll have to punish you." He whispers in my ear and I shake in fear. He grabs a hold of my wrists and drags me out of the room down a dark hallway.

We stop in front of a room and he pulls out a ring of keys, choosing one and unlocking the  door. He pulls me in and flicks on the light. The room is filled with all sorts of knives, whips, and other unknown things.

In the middle of it is a metal chair with chains attached. He pushes me towards it and forces me to sit, chaining my arms and legs to the chair, before turning and looking at the 'wall of torture'.

He turns and grins at me. "I think we're going to have a lot of fun tonight."

Hey guys! I really hope you all are enjoying the story and I can't wait to continue it. Until next time.