Chapter 18 Birthday Present (Mystery Man's POV)

The day after seeing Charlotte at the movies is the last day of school. I 'moved' yesterday, so I'm not expected there. Today is Wednesday, Charlotte's party is on Saturday. Exactly a week after that, I'll take her. No one will suspect me. I'll lay low until then, except to give Charlotte her present and have a little dinner with her on Friday.

Laying low is going to suck. I'm not going to get to see her or anyone for that matter. Luckily I stocked up on food, so I won't have to go out and I have plenty of pictures of Charlotte. 

Hopefully these next few days will pass quickly. Otherwise I may just go crazy.

.

.

.

Thursday

Second day of not seeing Charlotte. I've looked at all the pictures of Charlotte already, twice. I miss her even though it's only been a couple days. I can't wait to finally have her forever in my arms. I lay back on the double bed of the hotel room. 

Knock knock knock. There's a knock on the door. I get up quietly and look out of the peephole. A woman I don't recognize stands there. She looks normal enough brown hair, brown eyes, a short skirt and crop top, not very pretty, well to me anyway, Charlotte's the only girl I could ever look at like that.  I look around, seeing no police cars I open the door.

"May I help you?" I ask.

"Uh, yes, actually, are you Xavier?" She looks me up and down.

I look at her confused. "No, I'm not, sorry."

I start to close the door, but she sticks her foot in the way. "Well, would it be alright if I...came in?" She asks, a flirty smile on her face.

"No, it wouldn't be. Please leave." I glare coldly.

"Are you sure? You look lonely, I could keep you company."

"No thanks. I'm not available." I push her gently away and slam the door shut, locking it.

What in the world was that about? Who knows in this crazy town. I lay back on the bed throwing an arm over my eyes. Just have to get through today and I can see Charlotte.

Knock knock knock. Oh for Christs sake. I get up and look out the peephole again. The same girl stands there. I open the door, a sour look on my face.

"What is it now?" I growl.

"Uh, I just, well I thought you were cute and-"

I cut her off. "I already told you, I'm taken."

"What harm can having a little fun be, obviously your girlfriend isn't here?" She runs a hand up and down my arm. "Don't you like having fun?"

I look at her annoyed and flick her hand off of me. "I told you to leave me alone, do it. Or else." 

"Or else what?" She smirks. "You'll tie me up and spank me?"

"No, but you don't want to find out. I can promise you that." I say with a deadly edge in my voice, glaring harshly at her.

Her eyes widen a bit and she backs up. Giving her one last glare I shut the door, locking it. Seriously, why are people such idiots? I shake my head and sit back down on the bed. I can't wait to see Charlotte, when I'm with her everything makes sense.

.

.

.

Friday

Today I'll give Charlotte her present and have her come here for dinner. I start cooking as soon as I'm done showering. I'm making homemade lasagna and homemade cheesecake, it's Charlotte's favorite dinner and dessert, if it's made right, and I have my grandma's recipe for both. I start making the lasagna and a few hours later I put it in the oven. It took so long because I made it completely from scratch. The noodles and the sauce were made by me. The other stuff was store bought but still.