Chapter 11 Found

The next morning we get ready and head out. The FBI has set up a house for us in Minnesota. A long way from home, but I'm sure I'll like it. We drive for just under 14 hours and finally we are in Lake City. 20 minutes later we arrive at the house. The outside is a dark blue color with white trim and the porch railings are white as well. 

We get out, grabbing our bags and walk in. It's a little bigger than our old house. It has three bedrooms, one for me, one for mom, and one for Agent Riley. Yes, he's staying with us, to 'keep us safe', as he said. 

I pick my room, the one farthest from the other two. It's upstairs and has a small bay window, perfect for reading. I look around the room, white walls and beige carpet. Mom said we can paint the walls any color I want. Our new furniture will get here soon. New couch, new beds, new dressers, new everything. The only thing we brought from our old house was our clothes. I didn't even get to bring my car, in case he saw it.

I set my bags down and walk out of my new room to find my mom. I walk downstairs where the other two bedrooms are. I knock on the one closest to the door and walk in. The walls are white, same as mine, but the carpet in here is a darker blue. Agent Riley is sitting in the middle of the floor on the phone. I mouth 'sorry' to him and walk out.

I go to the other room and find my mom standing in the middle of the room looking lost. 

"Mom?" I ask. "Do you want to go with me to get food? I don't know any places around here, but we can find something.

She stares for a second before snapping out of it. "Oh, yeah, yeah, let's go. Let me change first and take a shower and then we can, okay?" I nod and walk back to my room.

.

.

.

An hour later, after we both took showers and changed, we tell Agent Riley where we are going and he decides to come along. We pile into the car and Agent Riley drives to a restaurant called 'Railhouse Grill'. We walk in and have to wait 20 minutes before we're seated. When we are we look at the menu and mom and agent Riley decide to get a steak and a glass of wine each, I get a salad and a Dr. Pepper. We order and ten minutes later they bring us our drinks. We chat mindlessly for a while, while we wait for our food.

We eat and talk about what we're going to do. 

"I want to finish school." I say finally.

Mom and Agent Riley look at each other uneasily.

"Honey, I don't think-"

"Mom, I want to. I don't want to have to redo senior year."

"Charlotte," Agent Riley starts, "I don't know if that's the best idea. It may not be safe."

"I'll be safe! We can even use a different name. I already dyed my hair, so why not?"

"Maybe this could work." Agent Riley says thoughtfully. "I'll have them work on some documents for your new names. You guys can decide then."

I look at my mom and think for a second. "What about Ivy?"

My mom nods. "I like it, what about Renee for me?"

Me and Agent Riley both say. "I like it."

"What about a last name?" I ask.

"What about, Riley?" Agent Riley asks hesitantly.

Mom looks at me and I nod. "If that's okay with you, it's okay with us." Mom smiles at him and he smiles back.

.