prologue: Two Years Ago

Paris, France

Ares

Pussy, money, power.

Those were the three things I have lived by, fuck just to fuck and make money. Marriage was never something I ever wanted to consider, and the girl's mouth that is currently wrapped around my cock proved it. She was a pretty blonde who loved to fuck.

She was a gift.

A reward for taking down a threat.

The bodies we buried this night, made us the second most fear mafia in the world—so why wasn't I thrilled to have this girl sucking me? She had an incredible grip and knew how to work my balls. Yet, I wasn't engaged. Detached even.

Reaching over for my beer, I took a long, slow pull. The cold beer ran down my throat as I beat myself up for not liking this. I loved a good blowjob as much as the next man, but she was just not doing it for me. Grunting, I pulled the girl up from the between my legs.

"Get out," I said, throwing her clothes in her direction.

Startled she said. "Did you not like what I was doing? Maybe I-"

"I said get out." I sneered making her flinched.

Without another word, she left my office in a hurry. Tucking myself back into my pants, I looked at the picture in front of me. My men have been following this girl for over two years now. She was quite the beauty, strawberry blonde hair, full lips that held a smile that didn't reach her blue eyes. She held mystery, yet she wasn't a mystery to me.

I knew everything there was to her. From when she was a kid, all the way to her late teens. She was a lost girl who relied on her older brother—The little fuck was always with her or fighting for her. She is broken, something that would most likely weigh me down, but at the same time, I could use her weakness to my advantage.

It was time to make a move, one I have been putting off for a long time. My father had made it very clear that I was to marry the girl. The fucking bastard even threatened to take back my position.

There was no way I was going to hand over the title. There was no hope for this girl, though. She is broken. Her father was the leading cause of all of that, killing her mother. Scuffing to myself, I stood up thinking, there was no point, yet I had to get the fucking girl.

It was time for this little cunt to know that she belongs to me. Whether we both liked it or not, we were going to get married. The title was mine, and I'll be damned if my father took that right from me.

United States, California

Melody

Wes was in one of his moods again. He was a mean drunk, and it was nights like this when Evan hated Olivia the most. As much as I hate to admit it, she was the reason why we are here. She placed us here. How men like, Wes, got into the foster program was a mystery to me. Was he clean and sober when he applied? Did he have a wife at the time and then she left him, turning him into this monster we see today?

It was hard to believe that he was able to get passed all the paperwork, interviews, and not get caught. The smell of alcohol came from him so strong that you had to cover your nose. It was disgusting.

Evan had pushed the dresser across the door so that Wes wouldn't get in the room. We were lying in bed, and I had my face hiding in his chest as I cried. Olivia could have done a better job finding us a good home. I was starting to think that she closed her eyes as picks a damn home.

Why couldn't they do home checks better? Evan was pissed, he thinks she does this on purpose. Just because we don't have a family, doesn't mean we don't deserve to be in a good home.

Our mother was taking from us, and the monster still haunts my dreams.

Evan's effort to calm me down was falling short because Wes was downstairs breaking shit, yelled at the top of his lungs, and saying how much he wants to kill us. And from time to time. We would hear him walk past our bedroom door. At this point, I wanted Evan to call Oliva to get us before things out of hand again.

Wes already laid hands on Evan for trying to speak for me. He said that I was a little bitch and that I was faking it. He somehow got it in his head that I was talking the other night, which was imposable since I haven't talked since I was five.

Wes was mentally ill and need some serious help and is unfit to take care of us.

The hitting and yelling proved it.

Ever since we got here, Evan has been directing Wes's anger to him, taking the beatings at night. Wes never hit the face, though, didn't want the teachers at school to find out what was happening. Evan's anger alone should have been enough to tell something was going on here in this roof.

None of this was okay.

"Everything is going to be okay, Mel. I promise." Evan whispered, trying to calm me down.

Nothing was going to be okay. We were always going to get bounced from home to home. There is always going to be a man like Wes, or a woman like Carole. Mean, nasty, and abusive. It was rare when you found a good foster parent and when you do. They send you back for stupid reasons just because they can.

A pounding at the door brought me back to this sad reality. Wes stood on the other side of the door yell. "You fucking little bitch, open this damn door!" He slurred, telling us he was drunk. This time instead of just walking past the room, he decided to try and come in. When he couldn't get in, it pissed him off even more. He would kill us if he ever got the chance to.

Evan lightly pulled away from me, and I tried to follow him, but he made me lay back down. He pulled the blanket up to my chin then kissed my forehead. I watched as Evan took a fighting stance at the foot of the door and waited.

He waited to see what will happen. If Wes did happen to get in the room, he would have to get through Evan first.

As night started to turn today, both Even and I realized just how little sleep we got. Most of the night Wes kept trying to get into the room. Evan was worried that he would get in through the window, or break the door in half. Drunk people do some dumb shit, but when Evan was worried I was terrified. We feed off each other, and I always looked to him for strength.

All I know is today was going to suck, and all I can do is pray that Olivia would come and save us.

--------------

And so it begins! It was only fitting that I start the book off with part of their past. I think it is a very toned down chapter for what is to come. I have big, big plans for this book, I hope I am able to portray everything I see for what this book is going to become.

As also ways, until next time.

VOTE, COMMENT

-Violet