Ares

"I still think it was better when she was mute." I grunted as she walked out the room. "It was easier to bend her in a direction that you wanted."

Emerald didn't comment right away she just stared after Mel until she disappeared into the room. Turning her attention to me, she looked deep in thought. "How far did the Ranger get into her mind? I need to know if they have succeeded in brainwashing her to join them."

Lightly shaking my head, I ran my hands over my face. "I don't know. The Rangers are good at hiding their intentions, but I don't think they got far with Melody. As you can see, she isn't easily push in a direction where she doesn't want to go. She will do what she wants when she wants."

"She listens to you."

I scruffed at the comment. "No, she doesn't."

Emerald raised an eyebrow in questioning. "You were forced into marriage by a contract, but her love for you in genuine."

I stared at her like she was crazy. There was no way in hell that Melody feels anything for me other than the father of the children. She has made that clear as day everyday, she is a headstrong woman and is not afraid to voice her opinion ever since she found out about the kids, she has been more demanding and willing to take things a bit farther.

"That is where you are wrong, she will never love me." I said. "She already loves someone, well, she used to love him. He was killed by the order of her father."

Emerald eyebrow raised once again this time her eyes had a glint in them. "Did you not hear the part of the story when I told you what happens when you kill the ones we love?" When I didn't comment she gave a small laugh. "She may have loved this guy but he was not her soulmate. If he was then she would not be as calm as she is now, she wouldn't be this girl sitting in front of us."

"She hunted her father down and took two of O'Brian's men with her. She straight up told her father he was going to be kill as soon as he was let go."

"Sure she felt rage. But it wasn't the rage you are thinking of, this was the man who took her mother away. My sister. Melody was going to kill him whether he killed Ashton or not, she is a purebred and will resort to her basic nature. So make no mistake, Ares, she was bred for one reason and one reason alone."

"And what reason is that?"

Emerald locked eyes with mine and it took me biting down on my tongue to not look away from the crazed look in her eyes. "Melody was bred for war, just like me and every other Sicarii to ever walked this Earth. Enjoy your time with her while she is still sane because once this all starts she will no longer be this sweet little girl."

I stared at her for a few moments before replying. "Melody will always be this sweet girl, not even you can take that away from her. As long as she still the people she cares about, she will always remain sane."

Emerald started to make for the door and stop short of walking over the frame. "We will see how long she last, I have been in this business a long time. They all go crazy at some point."

"Hello, brother."

Looking up from my papers I found my brother standing in the doorway of my home office. He walked more into the room before he took a sit in front of my desk. He rested his chin in his hand and just stared at me for a moment. "Father said you are causing trouble."

I scruffed as his statement. "Father like to make this seem more crazy than they really are. No worries here, brother."

He gave a small laugh while shaking his head. "Dad seemed to get it in his head that you are going to be caught in a war with the Assassins."