Melody

Sitting in the office at the restaurant, I was updating everything Ares failed to do. It honestly was not hard, so I don't know why he didn't do it. After this afternoon, I needed to get my mind off of everything that is happening around me. And math was a good way to do it. Payroll was also around the corner, so I had to get the checks ready for them to pick up tomorrow.

A lightly knock brought me out of my train of thought, a moment later, a younger popped her head in. She was taken back upon seeing me but recovered fast. "Um, I'm looking for Ares. Is he in?"

She stepped more into the room. She was wearing the restaurant's shirt, telling me she worked here. "He is not in at the moment, is there anything I can help you with?"

Her face went from hopeful to disappointed. Looking her over once more it clicked in my mind-she had a thing for him. This poor girl had a thing for my future-husband. I wanted to laugh at her for being stupid enough to fall for him. This was going to be a real wake up call for her and for the better. She looks too innocent.

"I just wanted to ask him a question. Can you tell him I stopped by?"

"Here, write your name, number and the message you would like him to get. I'll be sure to give it to him." I said, handing her the notepad on the desk.

Her eyes looked to my ring finger when it glistened in the lighting. Her brows came together for a moment then wrote her information down. "I never seen you here before. I have been working here since the place opened." She said as handed me the notepad back.

"I am Melody, Ares fiancée." Her face crumbled telling me I was right about my suspicion. "I am in charge of the booking, but by the looks of it, I will be running the place for him. He has business elsewhere, so he won't be in much as he was at the start."

"I wasn't aware that he was engaged." She said. "How long have you've guys been together?"

"Long enough," I said. "We have our ups and downs, but I love him, and I can't wait to start the next chapter in our lives."

The words sound strange coming out my mouth. I didn't love Ares. It didn't help that he was handsome and made women fall at his feet. But we are stuck in this whole marriage things, and we were going to have to make it work. At least for the sake of the children.

Looking down at the notepad, I bit back a smile.

Call me. XO -Vienna

Her number was written just below the message. "You do know he has been flirting with the women staff here, right?" She said, crossing her arms over her chest. Searching her face, I can tell she was aiming to hurt me. Like she wanted me to break things off with Ares.

So he would be all heart broken, and she can come in and save the day. I wasn't stupid. I knew he flirted with the staff. It wasn't news to me, and it didn't hurt me because I don't love him. But what I do know is that he will not put his title on the line. He was power hungry, and there was no way he would risk it.

"I know. We hit a bump in the road, we broke up. But once he cooled down Ares came back to me. At the end of the day, he is going to come back to me. He is going to warm my bed at night. And I am having his babies."

I stood up, and her eyes went to my belly. Her eyes widened when she realized that I was pregnant. "Ares was here yesterday, flirting. I don't think he wants to be with you, because if he did, then he would be doing what he is doing."

I already knew he didn't want to be with me. That was no secret, although, she doesn't know him like I do. He may flirt with them, but he will never leave me for one of them. That was for sure.