Ares

Unedited
----------
When I finally got Mel in the car she was quiet as a mouse. She just kept staring out the window, Luka would look back from time to time unsure what to make of this. If I had to guess, he is shitting bricks right now because he let Mel out of his line of sight. At first I started to come up with a punishment for him, no one was supposed to lose sight of Melody and that is what he did. But when I saw who she was with, all thoughts of dealing with him left me.

While Luka was in the hallway facing down the boys, Emerald took it upon herself to take Melody. It was shocking that no one saw her getting led out the building, if Hendrick never took it upon himself to make sure that they got to the car okay, then we would have never know what had happened.

Once I was informed I knew what to look for. It didn’t take me long to find them hiding off to the side, that is what assassins do. Take their target where no one would be able to see them, conducted their business, then leave. But what I didn’t except was to find a woman that looked like Melody and for her to have a direct connection to the Sicarii.

They have been wiped out long ago, the most you can find on them is all the documents and written stores from the elders of the underworld-If you have any business with the underworld then it will be in the vault. The vault is like a massive library, thick concrete walls, pillars that run on for miles and is very old. It was old fashion but the system work great and will work as long as they need it to.

The more I thought about this, the more the puzzle started to fall into place. My jaw was starting to feel sore as I clenched and unclenched it. Detox was out to claim Melody because she is a direct bloodline to the Sicarii, they would kill to have a purebred like her in the game. And something tells that they would kill her if she doesn’t side with them.

At the thought of them taking the mother of my children away made my blood boil.

This changes things and it wasn’t for the better.

I had the world's most dangerous killer at my side, not only as a wife but as the mother of my kids. If word were to get out of just who she is all he'll would break loose. Is her brother the same as she is? I thought, looking over to her. If she is a direct bloodline then he would be to, right?

Shaking my head of the thought, I knew I had to keep my mind on protecting Mel. I’ll be damn if I didn’t do my best to protect her true identity.

“We need to talk about this when we get home.” I said.

Mel didn’t say anything, she just wrapped her arms around herself and turned her body away from me. Luka looked to her then to me, lightly shaking my head he looked back to the road.

“Are you hungry?” I asked next. She shook her head adding to my irritation. “That settles it then, when we get home we will eat then talk about this.”

Mel shot me a glare but I ignored it, she was eating for three, not eating was not on the table. “I said I wasn’t hungry.” she said, voice sounding strained.

“Stop thinking about yourself, you are carrying not one but two babies. You are going to eat, period.”

“Stop treating me like I am a kid!”

Slamming my hand on the seat in front of me, I said. “Luka, pull over and get out.” as soon as he pulled over and got out. I turned to Melody ready to fight. “I am not playing games anymore, shit just got serious.” I sneered. “Do you not realize what is on the line right now?”

“This doesn’t concern you.” She snapped. “Let me handle this on my terms.”

Giving a heartless laugh, I knew she was going to do this. She knows nothing of this world and if she goes on pretending like she has it handled then she will be taken out. Not even I would be able to save her. “It concerns me because you are carrying my kids. I am trying to make you understand what is at risk, the babies lives are at risk, your life is at risk. Do you honestly think that the Rangers are not going to try and kill either them or you? The Sicarii were wiped out for a reason and they are not about to let them just come up from ashes.”