Melody

The sound of my alarm going off brought me out of a deep sleep. Groaning, I rolled over turning off my alarm then tried to stretch. It was then I noticed a muscular arm around my waist. Ares was sleeping soundly next to me, unaware that I had to get up for school. I didn't even feel him get into the bed with me last night.

After I had beaten him up with the pillow, I was out of breath, turns out trying to beat someone up while pregnant was harder than it looks. Ares was still laughing and thought that he could kiss his way out of his word choice. And even though I didn't want to let him off the hook, my hormones got the best of me, and we made out for a few minutes. But before we could take things further he got a call, which was nothing new, as he was talking I excused myself and went to shower before crawling into bed.

Looking at the time, I sighed. Surprising I was able to get out of his grasp. At first, I thought that I was going to have to wake him up. But when I tried to slide out, he rolled over, and his back was to me. Sitting up in bed, I lightly rubbed my belly it was a little weird feeling the weight of my swollen belly, I was used to being in shape from dancing, and it was going to be a challenging next few months. But at the end of the day, it truly was crazy yet warm feeling.

Finally getting out of bed I made my way over to the bathroom, lazily dragging my feet. I stretched my hands over my head. I ended up stopped short when I looked at the closet mirror.

"What the fuck," I whispered turning to my side, shocked to see how much my belly has grown overnight. In my panic-shock state. I went to Ares and started to shake him.

He stirred pushing my hand away. "Just because you have school doesn't mean I have to get up when you do." He said as he rolled over to his other side.

"My belly is bigger," I said shaking him again. "I don't know about you, but I was not expecting it get this big overnight. I'm freaking out here!"

Grunting Ares rolled to his back and started to mumble something in French. After rubbing his eyes a few times, he looked over at me. Turning to my side, I lifted my shirt so he can see what I meant. His mouth opened slightly, and his eyes widened a bit. Slowly he sat up and met my eyes.

"That defiantly wasn't there yesterday."

Rolling my eyes, I dropped my shirt. "It was there. My bump was not this big. I know my belly is going to be growing, but this is a little too big. I looked up pictures and read some mommy books. I should be this big yet." Placing my hand on my forehead, I lightly shook my head. "Maybe I am overthinking this?"

This time Ares shook his head. "No, you did get bigger overnight." He said frowning staring at my stomach like it was going to eat him. "How many months did you say you were?"

"Two months," I whispered feeling tired. The room was quiet for a few minutes, Ares just kept staring at my belly. It was very clear that he didn't know how to handle this yet fully. "Would you like to see the baby?" I blurted out.

Ares eyes met mine in a confused manner. "How the fuck are you going to do that?" He said face twisting a bit. "I'm not looking in your fucking pussy."

My eyes blinked a couple of times. Did he honestly think that I was going to lay down and spread my legs? I have heard many things in my life, but this. This was just so fucking far-fetched. Then when it really sunk in, I started to laugh. Tears started to form, and I had to hold onto the nightstand for support.

"Do you s-seriously think that is how you see the baby?" I laughed out. "Oh, my God. Ares, I have fucking ultrasound pictures."

Opening the nightstand, I pulled out the picture and handed it to him. Taking the picture from me his cold hard face changed. Something seemed to have snapped within him. Without hesitation, his fighter lightly ran over the where the baby was at. My brows came together because this was a new side of him.