Melody

Thank you guys for being so understanding. Things are starting to go back to normal and my dad's health is starting to improve. His heart is getting stronger every day and although he has to take things easy, he is on his feet doing thing.

But until his heath gets better and I am not to worried about about him (in truth, I am never going to stop worrying) the updates are going to be slow. I have been up writing but I feel like it could be ten times better, BUT, I wanted to give you guys something because you have been so awesome and supportive. I really do appreciate you guys so much!

Words cannot express how grateful I am to have such a great fan base! Keep doing what you are doing because it does really touch my heart. You guys are beyond awesome!

Much love, Violet.

--------------------------

As I walked into the office I ignored the lady sitting at the front desk. I was determined to figure this out now because it was becoming stupid. Instead of bugging Ares I decided to come talk to my uncle, I know he will have the same answers as Ares would. When I got to the door I threw it open causing it to bang on the wall behind it. When the sound filled the room I pulled a face embarrassed that I actually did that.

"I am so sorry." I said. "I didn't mean to do that."

I rubbed the back of my neck and looked over to O'Brian. From the door I was able to see that he was trying to hold back his laughter. After slowly closing the door, I took a seat across from him. O'Brian raised his eyebrow waiting to for me to start talking.

"I have some questions and I was hoping you can help me with them."

O'Brian sat back in his chair and watched me closely. "Does it involve us killing someone for you again?" He said with a small hint of a smile on his face.

I narrowed my eyes at him a bit trying to process what he said. Did I want him to kill..."No, at least not yet. There is this boy, well boys, in my school. Something is off about them."

"What is off about them?" He asked. "Could it be that he, or they, have a thing for you and maybe you are looking to much into it?"

I shook my head because I knew that was not the case. "One of the boys said he is supposed to watch me and before I could ask who hired him to watch me the bell rang and he left."

O'Brian's face went from calm to emotionless. He sat up straight and looked more alert. "What do you mean he was hired to watch you?"

I gave a small shrug. "I don't know." I said. "Can you find out if he has any connection to the Ruby Illusions?"

"The Ruby Illusions." He echoed my words. "How in the hell do you know about them?"

"I don't want to get into how I know about them, I just want answers right now." I said. "It's bad enough that I have Mykel trying to get in the middle, I don't need someone like the Ruby's getting in the way." O'Brian shook his head debating if he wanted to get in the middle of them.

I wasn't sure how it was with the underworld and their rules, but I would think the mafia holds more. I have seen them shut down a whole floorㅡthanks to Ares taking me to that dinner in France. I know there is a lot they can do and they just don't share it.

"Look, how about this." He started off. "I will put men on Christian and have him followed around to see what he does, how he acts and in while keeping you safe. If he is working for someone like the Ruby's then I don't want him getting to close to you."

"Won't that be a little hard with Ares men following me around?" I asked. "I'm sure I will be safe with them, Ares tends to not care who he kills." I said rolling my eyes a bit.