Melody

Walking into the door, I dropped my bag and smiled when Daisy came running to me. I missed having her sleep in the bed with me. She was always so warm and cozy. Maybe if I play my cards right, I can take her with me. But deep down I knew Evan was probably going to need her. He was still broken from the death of Ashton, and it killed me that I couldn't help him.

At first, he shut the world out, didn't want anything to do with anyone. Hell, he didn't even want to see me. But soon he was able to get out his room, and that happened to be the day I agreed to marry Ares. Evan was still hurting; he was just good at hiding it. And he thinks I don't see what he is doing, but I do. We grew up with one another, and it wasn't hard to piece the puzzles together.

He was fighting again.

That was not a good way to live, especially after what happened with the loanshark, which we were lucky to have O'Brian take of it. Evan hasn't heard from the guy ever since I got out the hospital.

Walking into the kitchen, Catalina was sipping on some tea. She looked up from her school papers and gave me a bright smile. "Hey, beautiful." She said once I reached her and placed a kiss on my temple.

"Hey, Mama," I said giving her a lingering hug. "Guess what."

She made a small hum sound, pretending to be thinking hard. "You got really bad heartburn because of the pregnancy?"

Laughing I sat next to her, my doctor had said something about that, but I didn't pay much mind because I was overwhelmed at the fact that I was carrying twins. "No, but I have crazy exciting news," I said, biting my lip. Her eyebrow raised in questioning and waited for me to tell her the news. "I woke up this morning with a slightly bigger belly, freaked out, showed Ares the ultrasound, and found out I am having twins."

"Melody Davis!" She yelled making my eye go wide. "You waited this long to tell me you are having twins! We were in the same damn campus the whole day. Couldn't you stop by and tell me? You have to wait to get home to tell me."

She did have a point. I had the whole day to stop by the classroom, or during passing period. But I didn't; instead, I spent the whole day tripping about what is to come. Fighting morning sickness, and the fact that I am indeed having twins. This was big news and how was I going to get through motherhood?

Resting my elbow on the island, I put my head on my palm.

"I'm sorry," I said, making a small face. "It's just everything is just turning upside down right now. How am I supposed to be happy with everything?"

"What do you mean by 'happy with everything?'" She sobered up complete, now acting like my mom.

Studying her face, I tried to find the right wording. I had to figure things out before the twins are born. And something tells me that my life is hanging by a thread. "I overheard you and dad talking the other night. I was going to coming say bye when I heard you guys."

My mom looked at me sideways. She knew where this was going. Her eyes showed it. Taking a sip of her tea then cleared her throat. She said. "What did you hear, honey?" Guess we are going to play it that way. I thought.

"Mom just cut to the chase. What is a senseless and what does that have to do with us?"

"That is something you don't need to know or worry about," she said. "Vile is an old friend of your grandfather. He just stopped by to say hello."

She was lying.

Shaking my head, I looked down at the papers in front of her. "Mom, I just want to know what it is and why, or what is has to do with us."