1

CHAPTER ONE

6 years old

The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and big sister didn't have any missions, so you could say that it was the perfect day. And on top of all of that stuff, big sister said that I could watch as she and Itachi trained together for the day! Big sister and Itachi are best friends, and always have been ever since I can remember, even though I can't really remember that far back anyhow. (Y/s/n) said that Itachi was also gonna bring his little brother, who's supposed to be my age or something.

"Big sister are we almost there yet, we've been walking for forever!" I complain as I drag my feet on the dirt path that's leading us through the forest to a secluded training ground.

"You're the one who wanted to come. It's completely okay if you aren't up for the task of-" (Y/s/n) begins, but I quickly dash in front of her and jump up and down in place a few times.

"NO! I can do it! I'm gonna be a big, strong ninja just like you and Itachi one day!" I yell happily and get into what I thought was a correct defensive position. (Y/s/n) hums and pinches my cheek in between her slender fingers. I pull away quickly and rub at my now red cheek with a frown evident on my face.

"Of course you will. We are here now, though it seems that Itachi and Sasuke are running a bit late." (Y/s/n) laughs lightly as we come up on a cleared area.

"But why girls big brother? Girls are so-" I hear a high pitched, whiny voice coming from the opposite side of where we are standing. I step a bit closer to big sister when they break through the brush.

"Sasuke, that's quite enough. We're here. Hello (Y/s/n), (Y/n), it's always a pleasure." Itachi says as he walks up to (Y/s/n) and I with a small smile on his face.

"Hello Itachi." Big sister's calm and collected voice calls out, a small, loving smile on her face. She and Itachi are just alike!

"Hey Itachi!" I beam as I wave upward at him, but step even closer to (Y/s/n) as Sasuke glares at me lightly.

"Sasuke, care to introduce yourself?" Itachi asks as his head turns to face his younger brother. Sasuke stiffens and runs behind Itachi's leg and shakes his head no.

"(Y/n), why don't you say hi to little Sasuke." Big sister says. I feel my face become red and step beind (Y/s/n) as well, pushing my head into her back while clutching at her shirt nervously. Itachi and (Y/s/n) laughed at the two of us before shooing us to the side of the opening so they could begin their training.

"Stay put and just watch, I don't want you to get hurt." Big sister says with a small smile before pinching at my cheek lightly, as she always does.

"Yes, (Y/s/n)." I say and a smile brightens her face. She then walks up to Itachi and they interlock their pointer and middle fingers momentarily before bouncing away from each other. Kunai and shuriken were thrown around, logs fall to the ground, and fire and ice clashed with each other as (Y/s/n) and Itachi went at it.

"Kick his butt big sister!" I yell happily and pump my small fist into the air excitedly as (Y/s/n) lands a kick on Itachi's ribs, not hard enough to cause any permanent damage, maybe a nasty bruise. Itachi quickly grabs her leg before she can pull it back down to the ground and flips her over.

"Get her good Itachi!" Sasuke yells. My head snaps his way and his mine as we glare at each other, lighting striking up between the two of us as we stare.

"No way, (Y/s/n) is way better at sparring!" I finally yell out while shaking a fist in Sasuke's direction. He growls and grits his teeth.

"Oh yeah! Well Itachi has his sharingan!" Sasuke yells and points a finger at me, shaking his hand slightly, just like the old woman down the street does when I pick her flowers.