19

CHAPTER NINETEEN

"Your blood will be mine! Mother, do you see?!? Are you looking, mother?!?" Gaara yelled. Gaara had Sasuke pinned to a tree with what looked like a massive lump of sand, and it was quickly tightening.

"Naruto, stop Gaara!" I yell to Naruto as I race to Sasuke, whose eyes were clamped shut, teeth gritted tightly.

"Sasuke, Sasuke are you hurt?" I ask frantically as my eyes observe the way the sand moves.

"No, it's just this damn sand!" Sasuke breaths out, a raspy, suffocating sound, loosing more of the limited supply of oxygen in his lungs. My eyes widen and I run directly in front of him and try to pull at the moving sand, but it doesn't budge.

"I know, I'll get it off, just hold on!" I say frantically as Sasuke starts turning bright red. I pull harder, digging my nails into it, but realize that the only way to stop this would be if Gaara went down, or Shukaku rather. I quickly turn around, but my breathing stops when I see what's going on behind me.

"That's the fucking Kurama!" I say, more so to myself than anything. Naruto was now on top of what appeared to be Kurama, but the chakra wasn't there to match. Sasuke gasps, which pulls me out of my trance. My head snaps back to him. His head was slack and he was still a bright red color, which causes me to panic. I turn around and go to run to the fight, but Sasuke stops me.

"No, don't leave me!" Sasuke gasps out. My whole body freezes over at the words, guilt coursing through me. His worst fear of all. I quickly swallow at the lump in my throat and turn my head.

"I'm trying to save your life idiot." I say blankly and jump off into the fight. As of right now, Gamabunta, Naruto's largest summoning toad, had a death grip on the Shukaku with the Kurama's nails and teeth.

"Shukaku! Stop this now!" I yell. As soon as my presence was clear to the demon, he shoved Gamabunta and Naruto away, his attention now fully on me.

"Hello, pretty little demoness! I'm sorry, but I don't listen to humans. You'll have to bring Mother Darkness out." Shukaku says as he swings his tail back and forth, the large appendage causing a massive wind, with sounds to follow it.

"I can't. Now, let Sasuke-" I begin, but the sand spirit screamed, more like chuckles. I flinched and covered my sensitive ears momentarily.

"THEN I'LL MAKE HER COME OUT OF YOU!" Shukaku screams as he swings his tail once at me. It was way to massive for me to dodge, so I had to let it hit me and guard my body as best as possible, trying to get the least amount of injuries possible. The tail slammed into my body, sending me flying back in Sasuke's direction. My body broke through the brush and trees, until I'd finally slammed into a tree thick enough to stop me.

"(Y/n)! You're gonna pay for that, you hear!" I hear Naruto scream from where I was just seconds ago. I remain still, my eyes closed, manifesting all of the anger and hatred I could.

"(Y/n), get up, say something, you'd better not be dead!" I hear another voice try to scream, but couldn't. Sasuke. He's dying right now, and it's all Shukaku's fault. That was all it took. I snapped. I stood up slowly, and in one massive push, my body went soaring through the air, right back into the fight.

"Naruto." I call out to him. His head snaps to me and his eyes widen at my appearance. Freezing air whipped around me, untamed chakra whirlwinds like a tornado, making the cold air sting. My eyes flamed a bright blue color and my skin had grown darker.

"(Y/n), how in the-" Naruto begins, but I hold my hand up, stopping him mid-sentence.

"Don't touch him. I'm going to KILL him." I growl demonically before jumping closer, and a bit higher.