4

CHAPTER FOUR

~ Sasuke's Point of Veiw ~

I stare at the once bright, happy, stubborn, cheerful girl as she simply flicks her wrist and her sword is placed under the blonde haired idiot's throat. The look on her face was unlike anything I'd ever seen before, so feral and angry. Naruto had really done it this time.

"Leave before I kill you both." (Y/n) growls loudly at the both of us, and then slams the door shut right in our faces.

"Why would you do that?" I asked Naruto breathlessly, but kept my wide eyed gaze on the door (Y/n) had just ferociously slammed, seemingly shaking her entire house. He doesn't answer quickly enough for me, so I scream, feeling protective of the blue haired girl. My best friend.

"Why would you do that?!?" I shouted and turn to face him. Naruto jumps in shock, caught off guard by my loud outburst, but once he'd fully registered what I'd said, his fists ball up.

"Do what you idiot?!?" Naruto screams at me through gritted teeth, which makes me even more furious.

"Bring up her family!" I seethed at him. His anger filled expression quickly changes to that of guilt, seeing as how all of this was really his fault.

"I didn't know-" He begins, but I chuckle humorlessly for a few seconds, causing him to stop speaking all together.

"Exactly. You didn't know, and you don't know what it's like! She and I had those close ties with our families, you didn't! Those ties were ripped away from us! Don't you ever bring that up in front of us again. I was so close, so damn close to breaking through her barrier she'd put up in front of me, and you ruined it!" I get angrier with each word that comes out of my mouth, so angry and frustrated that I had started tugging at the ends of my hair to keep from punching him. By the time I'm done speaking, he looked truly sad, but a fire ignited in his eyes as he growled at me.

"I may not have had those ties like you and (Y/n) had, but I still know what it's like to be all alone you bastard! And you think you were so close to getting through to her? Well guess what, I got her to smile a real, genuine smile. Can you say the same for yourself? Asshole." Naruto says and then storms off, but I remain on (Y/n)'s porch, staring at the spot Naruto had just disappeared from. He got her to smile? Does that mean she likes him better? No, that can't be it. She must hate him now.

I sigh heavily and finally leave her doorstep to walk home and take a relaxing shower. When I get home, I look around at the empty house and sigh once more, a heavy weight hanging on my shoulders. After I had bathed and changed into my sleeping clothes, I yawned and flopped down into my bed. I felt absolutely exhausted from today. I then closed my eyes and began to drift off into the world of sleep.

"GAAAAAHHHHHH!" A scream suddenly ripped through the still air of the night. I jolted forward, sitting straight up in my bed. That sounded just like (Y/n). Panic spreads through my body as I literally leaped from my bed and bound down the hallway to the front door to put my sandals on. I take off into the chilly night air in the direction the scream came from, which was farther up the road.

I stop momentarily and try to feel for (Y/n)'s chakra, but nothing, I'm not very good at sensing anyway. I then calm my breathing and try to extend my hearing, and then I heard it. Sounds of destruction, breaking, and crackling noises came from the training grounds we had just been at earlier today. I take off once more in that direction and get there quickly.

When I finally came up to the grounds, I was shocked out of my mind. The training grounds was now nothing more that a torn up debris filled slab of land, and laying on top of a large pile of rock and debris was none other than (Y/n). She looked as if she were dead, laying there completely still, the only indication of her being alive was the rapid rise and fall of her chest.

I quickly snapped out of my dazed state of mind and raced up to her fallen form, but I stopped when she darted upward, glaring at me with her eyes brighter than a kerosene flame. I was speechless. That was her kekki genkai.

"You - you've got your-" I begin, but she scoffs and starts walking away.

"What's it to you?" She says in a shaky, low voice. She takes another step before completely collapsing to the ground. My eyes widen considerably and panic invades my senses. I race over to her and pick her up as gently as possible. She's knocked out cold. I sigh heavily and begin walking through her compound back to her house, but once again, when I enter, I was completely flabbergasted.

It was completely trashed. The kitchen, the dining room, and the living room. Glass and wood chips littered the floor. Her tables were turned over and pots and pans were slung around. Picture frames that were once neatly hung on the wall now laid carelessly on the floor amongst the pieces of their frames.

I carefully step over the glass and take (Y/n) upstairs to her bedroom and place her in her bed before heading back down the stairs. I grab a broom and sweep up all of the trash and dispose of it, then start placing things back where they go. About three hours later, I was done. Just as I was about to leave, (Y/n) came down the stairs, looking to be in a daze.

"Why are you still here?" She asks as she uses her index and middle fingers to rub at her temples gently.

"You blacked out, I brought you here and seen the mess, so I took you to bed and cleaned everything up. It's the least I could do after what happened. So, what exactly did happen after we left?" I explain and then ask her. (Y/n) exhales heavily before replying.

"I was angry. I needed to destroy something, so I made a mess. You know, we get teams tomorrow, so you should leave and go home to sleep." (Y/n) says quickly. I look down in slight disappointment.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow I guess." I replied as I look at her one last time. Just as always, her face is back to blank. I turn around and walk to the door, and just as I'm about to grab the handle, she stops me.

"Sasuke." (Y/n) calls. A small spark of hope lights within me when she says my name. I take a deep breath before turning around.

"Hm?" I try to sound as nonchalant as possible.

"I will kill her. No matter what happens, even if that means giving my own life. I will do so." (Y/n) says, so void of emotion. My eyes widen and I feel sadness tugging at my heart. She's telling me not to get close to her, so I don't get hurt.

What a bummer.

Too late.