3

CHAPTER THREE

~ Four Years Later ~

13 years old

"Alright guys, this will be your final test. If you come out the victor of a simple one on one taijutsu battle, you will be deemed a genin and you will receive your Leaf Village headband. These fights are completely randomized, so that means this test will not be gender separated. You could be battling a boy or girl." Iruka sensei explains as he shields his eyes from the sun that was beating down on his face. After he was done explaining, over half of the class tensed in fear. The only decent taijutsu users here were Sasuke and myself. Everyone else was either too weak, or were long distance fighters.

"First match, Naruto Uzumaki and Shizu Kotomaru." I sigh heavily and lean up against the shaded area by the fence, not paying attention whatsoever, but to my surprise, Uzumaki won his fight and rambled on about something I didn't care about. The next battle was Sasuke and some other boy who was visibly shaking, causing a cocky smirk to spread on Sasuke's face. I scoffed at him and again, ignored the entire fight until Iruka deemed the other kid unable to move. Sasuke had won, and by a long slide.

"Next up, Sakura Haruno and (Y/n) Daku." Iruka called, and the entire class went dead still. Oh this is golden. This is too good. A scowl comes to my face as the bubble gum haired girl dramatically gulps, but walks forward anyway. Probably to protect her pride and not look weak in front of 'her' Sasuke. We stand in front of each other, her shaking, me sizing her up. This shouldn't be difficult. This shouldn't be anything at all.

"Begin!" Iruka yells. I continue to stand in place with my arms crossed, waiting for her to attack. She looks confused momentarily, before her eyes light up with realization.

"Oh, right, you're letting me attack first." She noted as she gains a bit of confidence about herself and pulls a kunai from her weapons pouch. I scoff lightly and glare in her direction.

"It's common courtesy to let the weak go first, or maybe common sense." I say nonchalantly with a smirk. Some of the students behind me gasp while others giggle and laugh. Her face turns beet red and she looks over to where Sasuke was standing, who was actually supposed to be inside of the academy.

"I'M NOT WEAK! I'LL PROVE IT TOO!" She screams and charges at me with a kunai. When she's close enough, I quickly dip to the side and spin around to face her back. She gasps and goes to turn around, but just before she can, I kick my foot into the center of her back, knocking her to the ground. She groans in pain and attempts to get up from the floor. I walk up to her and step on her back, then grab a fist full of her hair before yanking her head back roughly and placing her own kunai to her throat. She sputters as tears begin to streak down her face. I scoff at her weak state and drive the kunai into the ground right by her face, but I keep her hair in my grasp.

"You're pathetic, useless. You can't even help yourself, let alone a comrade or innocent victim. You don't deserve to be a shinobi." I say and finally shoved her away before removing my foot from her back and take a few steps away from her trembling form.

"Geez, talk about harsh." Ino huffs as she looks at Sakura sympathetically. I turn to look at Iruka with a completely blank expression. His eyes were wide, body stiff.

"Uh, alright then. (Y/n) you may go inside and pick your headband, then wait for everyone else to finish." I turn around to walk inside, not sparing a glance to Sasuke, who is looking at me with wide eyes, mouth agape. I went back into the classroom and Mizuki sensei handed me a headband. I take it and tie it around my forehead, then go back to my seat.

One by one, the passing students came in and took a seat, whereas all of the failing students went to a different classroom. After the final fight, Iruka walked in with the last winner and a smile on his face.