13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Dark. That's what this new chakra felt like, and it was massive. Naruto's chakra spiked momentarily, so I could pinpoint it a lot better, so Sasuke and I took off running to get to him faster in case he was in trouble, but that was just a second ago, until I stopped running because of this sheer power that I felt.

"Why'd you stop?" Sasuke asks as he takes a step closer to me, his sharingan eyes frantically scanning the area. I hold one arm out in front of him and move the other up higher, placing my finger against my lips.

"Shhh. Listen, expand your senses and tell me what you feel." I whisper and let my eyes scan around once more. It's much closer. Sasuke exhales heavily, then stiffens and his eyes snap open.

"What the hell is that?" Sasuke asks shakily. I take a defensive stance in front of him as the bushes begin to rustle. I never got the chance to reply to Sasuke, for the something, rather someone did it for me.

"It's just little old me, now where are your scrolls, I know you've got two, I've been watching." The woman says. It was the same woman that Anko cut when she threw her kunai at Naruto.

"You're not getting our- GAAAAAHHHHHH!" Sasuke begins, but stops mid sentence when the grass ninja casts a genjutsu upon him, but it doesn't affect me for obvious reasons.

"Sasuke, get a grip, it's not- what the hell did you do to me?!?" I start to run, but my limbs lock mid-step and feel as if they're on fire.

"Since it seems that my genjutsu doesn't work on you, I've got you in a temporary paralysis jutsu. Do tell me dear, what clan are you from that you can resist genjutsu without even trying?" The grass ninja says. I flinch as her voice grows slightly deeper and she takes a step forward, flicking her tongue at me.

"None of your fucking business." I growl and my eyes blaze a bright blue color as I activate my Daku. I then start concentrating my chakra, limb by limb, breaking the jutsu, but I stayed in the same position to show that I wasn't doing such things.

"Those eyes, I know those eyes. You're a Daku. Well, I'll just kill your friend and you can come with me." She says. My breathing hitches in my throat. I don't even have control of my arms yet, I really need to stall her.

"Don't you dare." I growl as I try to push my chakra faster, but it's taking a lot longer. This can't be a genin level ninja to preform such a sophisticated jutsu. The grass ninja takes out another kunai and starts walking towards Sasuke, whose crying and panting, still in the genjutsu. She stops and circles him and stared at the Uchiha symbol on his back. I mentally praise myself as I finish both of my arms and one set of fingers, now just my other hand to do.

"Hmmmmm. That's interesting. So he's the Uchiha. How nice. I'll get two in one run." The grass ninja says just as I finish unlocking my other hand. I do a quick ice jutsu and it hits as I grab Sasuke and drag him up a tree, away from the grass ninja. I then pry Sasuke's eyes open and place him under my jutsu and try to push him out of the grass ninja's genjutsu.

Sasuke suddenly starts blinking rapidly, becoming aware of his surroundings, but draws into himself in fear. Just as he does that, kunai knives come flying in our direction, but Sasuke doesn't move an inch. My eyes widen as I dive for him, pushing the both of us off of our current branch, then falling to one further away. I wrap my body around the trembling boy and flip him around. He lands on top of me as I land on the rough bark of the branch below. I gasp as the breath is knocked from me and shove him off of me as I massage my now sore back.

"Sasuke, Sasuke get up you idiot! It wasn't real!" I scream at him. The grass ninja jumps down onto the same branch that we are currently on and smirks maliciously. She begins to close in on us as I once more stand in front of Sasuke to protect him, but what I wasn't expecting was for a giant snake to come and sink its fangs into the spot where Sasuke and I both were just seconds before. I leap onto a different branch as the large snake darts for Sasuke. His eyes widen once more in fear and he pulls out several shuriken.