17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Sasuke did it. And so did Naruto. Sasuke showed his true skills, but Naruto, he is still questionable. There weren't many people left, and of the people that were still there, there was no doubt that I'd win any of these.

"Next up, (Y/n) Daku vs. Ino Yamanaka. Please come down." The Procter coughs out. A smirk mingles on my face as I hear a choir of gasps around the room.

"What?!? I have to fight her?!?" Ino yells as she is being pushed down by her sensei. We both walk down our sides of the stairs and face each other.

"Yes, now begin." The proctor says and waves his hands in the air. Ino quickly pulls a kunai out and throws it at my head. I lean a half an inch to the right, allowing th kunai to pass right by my head. The wind from the weapon blows the hair by my ear lightly as I stare at her blankly. Ino's eyes widen considerably as she trembles slightly. I let out a heavy sigh and crack my knuckles before placing a hand on my hip.

"Listen, I don't want this to drag out, and you know you aren't going to win, so give up now." I say monotonously. Her eyes widen again, but her face flashes over to that of determination. Ino grits her teeth and growls before throwing her hands out in front of her, preforming a hand seal.

"Never! Mind transfer jutsu!" She yells. I quickly activate my Daku and hope for the best. If I'm correct, she won't be able to control me.

"Did it work?" One of her teammates whispered.

Ino remained standing with her hands in the same seal for a few moments before her eyes widened in fear and shock.

"Oh no, Ino missed!" One of her teammates yelled from the top of the balcony. After dodging her jutsu, I quickly ran to be in front of her. She was panting heavily already. When she noticed my presence a couple of seconds later, her body jumped from shock, but her eyes were filled with even more fear.

"Just what in the hell is that?!?" Someone from the top of the balcony yells. Naruto laughs as Sasuke chuckles and answered whoever asked the question.

"The end of the match, that's what it is." Sasuke said cockily. I add more chakra to my eyes cautiously, then catch Ino in the jutsu. She gasps and tears fill her now blank eyes.

"Darkness." I whisper. Ino falls to the ground screaming bloody murder before passing out completely. I stare at her still form before looking back to the Procter, his eyes wide and mouth ajar.

"Alright. Yamanaka is unable to continue. Daku is the winner and will continue to the finals." The Procter states after a fit of coughing. I turn around, leaving Ino and begin the trek back up the stairs as Naruto screams.

"Alright! yeah! way to go (Y/n)! You did it!" Naruto yells excitedly as Sasuke glares at him. I look to Naruto indifferently then prop my arms against the railing.

"Of course I did you idiot. I'm one of the best here. And, you two did a nice job, I guess." I say quickly. The pairs eyes widen in shock at my words.

"I - I did?" Sasuke stammered as he cheeks flushed a red color, as they usually do. Kakashi eyes us from the wall, which he didn't know I noticed.

"I don't like repeating myself, Sasuke." I say simply. He swallows thickly and nods his head. A second later, Kakashi came up to the three of us and started dragging Sasuke and I away.

"We've got to seal one of those marks on your neck. I can see the pain in your eyes every time it pulses. Now, this seal is only as strong as your will. Doubt yourself and the seal will too. Sasuke, which side acts up the most?" Kakashi explains, then asks as he leads us to some dark room with stone pillars.