11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Drip....

Drip....

Drip....

So this is it. I'm dead and I can't even get any peace and quiet. Oh no, I'm dead! How am I going to complete my goals? I threw my life away, my dreams away, and for what? Sasuke and Naruto? Oh god, what've I done?!? My death was useless, just like all of my other families deaths.

"No it was not. Don't think such things." A calm, velvety voice rings through me. My spirit, or soul, or whatever, feels as though it stiffens, which is what my body would have done.

"What the hell?" I ask, more to myself as I extend my hearing, trying to figure out if I was crazy or not.

"'What the hell' is right young lady. Why exactly would you say such things?" The voice rings out once more, sounding much like mother used to when she scolded me for doing something I shouldn't have done. I push those memories away and come back to the present.

"Forget that, are you God? I though God was a man." I ask the voice, was it a voice, a being maybe?

"No I'm not God, far from one. I'm a demon. My name is Mother Darkness. I live within you, but you are your own demon." Mother Darkness explains. I go stiff and let out a shaky breath, replaying all those times I'd been called that, a demon. I'd never gotten the opportunity to be taught what I was, and I didn't know I was exactly anything special, other than a human.

"So it's true then, I really am a demon?" I ask breathlessly. The woman hums in response, a beautiful sound that I wouldn't mind hearing again. It was rather comforting.

"Why would I lie? I have nothing to gain from it, so I don't do so. Yes you are a demon, well, partly. Now, let me ask you a question, do you wish to die?" Mother Darkness asks suddenly. I perk up with interest and do what I felt was shaking my head no.

"No! I've still got to kill my sister for killing my clan, and there's- never mind." I start strong, but trail off toward the end.

"You were about to talk about that Uchiha, were you not?" Mother Darkness asks as if she already knows the answer, and for some reason, I don't doubt that she does.

"And if I was?" I reply cockily as I do what feels like crossing my arms, but again, I'm not in my body.

"It does not matter if you tried to say you were not. I knew you were, I seen it. You are going to make a lot of bad decisions child. Decisions that are going to hurt the ones you love, and those that love you. But, I feel that in the end, you may do the right thing." She explains. I grit my teeth and tense. What the hell does she know?!?

"Those who loved me are dead and gone, and that is fine as long as I can accomplish my goals." I growl, but I can't feel mad anymore. It's as if I have no energy to do so, or maybe her presence just makes me too calm.

"If that is what you wish, then so be it." Mother Darkness says. My being feels as though I'm being hurdled upward and I start feeling things that I didn't before, like immense pain. And then I see bright lights, and dripping? I can now fully feel my physical body, and I wished that I couldn't.

"Gah!" I scream as I shoot straight up, eyes blazing once more, but I get jerked back in the slightest. My breathing quickens as I panic and look around me. Sasuke was on my right, and Naruto on my left, tears falling down both of their faces, their eyes wide. I look behind me and Tazuna is there, and then I look over, and Kakashi is there. At him, I growl.

"(Y/n)?" Sasuke said breathlessly in disbelief. My eyes snapped over to him, not softening, but hardening even more so.

"(Y/n)?!? Are you- hey what the-" Naruto yells happily, but I cut him off by jerking my hands away from them and shoving my body up off of the ground and into a standing position.