9

CHAPTER NINE

"(Y/n)?" Sasuke calls after a few more seconds. I turn my head to him again, showing that I was listening to what he had to say.

"Hm?" I hum in response. He opens and closes his mouth repeatedly before exhaling, then turning to face me with a serious face, shocking me in the process.

"What am I to you?" Sasuke asks, catching me completely off guard. All of my words leave my body and my mind goes completely blank as I momentarily panic, but force myself to reply after the silence gets quite awkward.

"You're a person that's on my team." I reply as simply as I can. Sasuke's eyes go wide and they look to be filled with what seems to be sadness, disappointment, and betrayal, but he quickly gets angered and shoots up from the ground, a small growl omitting from his throat in the process. His face goes red as he looks at me in disbelief and tangles his hands into his hair, noises of frustration falling from his lips.

"Is that it?!? Am I just a tool to you? A tool that you can use for your own personal gain?!? What about our childhood, huh?!? We were best friends, we got along so well! We were there for each other!" Sasuke screams at me, huffing from the sudden outburst. I silently stand, and then glare at him with every ounce of hate I can muster from within me, but it still isn't enough for me to feel content with it. He flinches back slightly at the intensity, apparently it was enough for him.

"Were. That is the key word in that clutter of nonsensical speech you just gave. Were." I'd done it then. I can't have these bonds. I can't hurt anyone.

I dust the dirt off from my shorts and walk back to the house, leaving Sasuke in the forest to think by himself for a while. I walk into the house to see Kakashi sitting at the table with food sitting in front of him. As if he'd eat with that woman in the kitchen. He turns around, and I think he smiles. That man shows more emotion in one eye than I can do in my whole face.

"Hello (Y/n), it's good to see you up and about. Tomorrow, I'll be taking you three out to the forest to train so-" Kakashi's words fade quickly as run down the hall to the room I woke up in. My tough exterior was slowly breaking, and I was going to cry. I felt it behind my eyes, and if I was going to cry, I wouldn't let anyone else see me do so. I go into the connected bathroom and start washing off, doing my best to not look at the mirror because if I did, the flood gates would open right then and there. My breathing escalated quickly as I changed into my pajamas and raced back into the room and laid down onto the mat I woke up on.

I balled my fists over my mouth tightly, trying to suppress the noise of my sobs that were now coming out, and let the tears fall freely over my face and onto my blankets and pillows.

I cried because of what my sister had done, she's gone, and has been, and yet she's still affecting me and my relationships in the worst way possible. I cried for my family, they're gone as well and they're still affecting me in a negative way. I cried for Sasuke, and Naruto, because they'd eventually be feeling this pain as well, and I didn't exactly want to wish this on anyone else, let alone cause it. But what needs to be done is going to be done.

I didn't know exactly how long it had been, but it was now completely dark, and I couldn't stop crying, but I made myself when I heard the door open and someone walk in. I wipe my face and quickly turn away from who I knew to be Sasuke. Something like a gasp escaped his mouth and he cautiously made his way toward me.

"Are you-are you crying?" Sasuke asks as he sits on the edge of the mat I was sitting on. I roll my eyes, causing more tears to fall. I hurriedly wipe at them, but Sasuke sees them anyhow.

"What's it to you, you're just a tool for my personal gain." I scoff as I turn my head in the other direction. To my surprise, he scoots closer and places his hand on my shoulder. My head snaps to said area, then to his face.