22

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

~ (Y/n)'s Point of View ~

It hurt. It hurt a lot to say the least. What no one knew, not even myself at the moment, was that I truly did care for these people, no matter how hard I tried to fight it, no matter how much harm I did, I still cared. And it absolutely infuriated me. I tried as hard as I could to keep all of the emotion away, but with all of this chakra pouring through me, my body was going through some changes, and it was a lot harder than I thought, which worried me.

It hurt me that I hurt Sasuke, that I had to hurt him, that he wouldn't just leave, because that made me aware of how much he really cares for me. And what do I do? I stabbed him. I electrocuted him. I ripped the flesh from his body and spit hateful words at him. But I have to. He'd just keep coming back if he knew the truth, but, what is the truth?

I now knew that I loved Sasuke, so much in fact that it physically hurt me to leave him, and I could feel Mother Darkness's words coming back to haunt me all over again. And it made me angry. I didn't kill him, and I know I couldn't ever, I didn't fatally wound him, but knocked him out because I knew that Naruto was on his way.

Naruto would protect him, not stab him, like I had just done. I ran off, leaving Sasuke's body there, with my Konoha headband laying next to his head. I felt a pull, and knew exactly where to go, and this pull led me to Kabuto. I knew there was a reason that I'd always hated him.

"Why the long face, Lady Daku? Is it because you killed Sasuke?" Kabuto muses with a massive smirk on his face as I glare daggers at him.

"Shut up, before I kill you." I growled at him. His smirk grows and he raises his hands in surrender.

"Wow, remind me to never develop feelings for you." Kabuto says. I growl once more, my anger flaring and chakra swirling as I quickly grip Kabuto's throat.

"I said, shut your FUCKING MOUTH." I growl as I jerk him forward, them shove him back with a massive force, slamming his body back into a tree. He coughs a bit, then holds his hands up once more, eyes slightly widened.

"Alright, alright, let's just get back to the hideout. Lord Orochimaru is waiting." Kabuto says. I glare at him for a second longer before releasing him completely. Kabuto dusts his shirt off, then leads the way to an underground base. We walk through torch lit hallways, making several turns before we get to a hall with only one massive door, holding an intricately carved snake's head on it. I rolled my eyes at the sight as Kabuto knocks politely, then pushes the door open to reveal Orochimaru on a big bed, arms completely wrapped in bandages.

"Well, hello (Y/n), I told you I'd be seeing you again. But, where's Sasuke?" Orochimaru says, then asks with a twisted sad look on his face, his voice mimicking something like mock disappointment or sadness. My fists ball up so tightly that my knuckles turn white, and my teeth clamp so hard that they feel as if they'd shatter.

"You can't have him. Ever, do you understand me?" I spit venomously through my gritted teeth. Orochimaru's face then turns into a wicked smirk.

"Temper temper. Whatever you say. I just wanted to have a briefing with you, then we'll get you all settled in, hmmmmm?" Orochimaru says in his disgusting, hissy, drawn out voice. It was almost enough to make me cringe.

"I'll be leaving after I receive my training." I stated bluntly, monotonously, as I stand in the same spot with my arms crossed under my chest, my shirt just barely hanging on to me because it was completely torn at the left shoulder from Sasuke's chidori.

"Is that so?" Orochimaru asked, as if he knew something I didn't, which worried me just slightly, but I didn't let it show. He couldn't stop me. No one could.

"Yes, it is so. In exchange for my training, I'll do your dirty work, then that's it. As soon as I feel that I'm strong enough, I leave. End of story." I say, a very nippy edge to my voice. Kabuto stands next to me, but a distance away, glaring at me, but I looked completely indifferent to it all. Orochimaru hummed, then nodded his head at Kabuto.

"Alright then dear. Kabuto, show her around the base, help her remember the halls, and show her to her room, give her one with an attached bathroom, she is a young lady after all. So young and talented, and all mine." Orochimaru says, but I didn't hear the last part because I was already leaving, Kabuto trailing behind me. Once we'd exited the room, Kabuto closed the door then started leading me.

"Fucking creep." I mumble under my breath, not too loudly, but Kabuto laughed, indicating that he had in fact, heard me.

"You'll get used to it, besides, your birthday will be soon, cheer up." Kabuto says, mock happiness and sarcasm dripping from his words. I glare at his back, but roll my eyes at his stupidity and childishness.

"I'll be turning fourteen in a snake pit. Yes, let's cheer up, even have a party for me. Why don't we even invite my sister, or maybe the Konoha jounin, or maybe even Sasuke?" I say, the same sarcasm dripping from my voice, but instead of mock happiness laced within my words, pure venom dripped off of them.

"Touchy. Jeez. Well, here's your room, attached bathroom and all." Kabuto says as we stop in front of a wooden door, his hand held out and motioning to it.

"Great, now leave." I growl. Kabuto sighs and shakes his head before disappearing in a puff of smoke. I exhale heavily and enter my new living quarters. It was blank. A bed, a dresser, and a small chest were the only pieces of furniture, and two doors, one the bathroom, and the other was a closet, or so I assumed. I walked into the room and grabbed the matches and candles, lighting them all to fully illuminate the room. I then closed the door and walked farther into the room. I opened the closet and it was completely bare. I then opened the drawers of the dresser, bare.

As soon as I was about to give up hope for new clothes, a knock sounded on the door. I reached behind me and unsheathed my katana, holding it out in front of me as I opened the door.

"O-oh, L-Lady Daku! There's no need for that! I- I only came to give you your new wardrobe Lord Orochimaru has gotten for you." A servant girl, not much older than myself, said as she flinched back at the sight of my katana. I sheathed it once more and allowed her into my room to put the things away. She must have truly feared me, because the closet and drawers were filled and organized within about five minutes, then she scurried out of the room as quickly as she could and closed the door. I sighed heavily and opened one of the drawers, taking out some sleepwear so I could take a shower, treat my wound, then go to sleep.

And I did just that.