7

CHAPTER SEVEN

~ Sasuke's Point of View ~

This guy was as good as dead. He'd insulted all of us, her family, and the worst part, he insulted her. The air was dense and swirled with her dark chakra. It pricked at my skin as Naruto, Kakashi sensei, and I watched what she'd do. Her head suddenly sags and her hair starts to float, then I felt it. Something clicked and the air was even more dense. It was hard to breathe.

"Oh no." I said breathlessly as Naruto and I drag Kakashi sensei back a few more feet away from (Y/n) as quickly as we could.

"You shouldn't have said that. She's gonna-" Kakashi starts, but the temperature around us drops to at least freezing, and black and blue chakra whips around (Y/n) like a tornado.

"You're going to die now." She growled, but her voice was so distorted that it took me a second to fully realize it was her speaking. Without another second's waste, she pushed off of the ground, leaving a hole where her foot was and charged at Zabuza. It all happened so quickly that I couldn't even focus. The only thing on my mind was the crazed look in her eyes when she went to stab him, the look of pure satisfaction at his blood curdling screams, and the sheer hatred when that tracker nin had killed him first.

I admit, how she is now, is exactly how I was. I wanted Itachi to pay, to suffer, but I wanted (Y/n) more, her love, her attention, her friendship. But now, seeing this thirst for power and blood, I know it won't be that simple, especially since she turned away from me. That day, I'd made it my personal goal, instead of killing Itachi, to get through to her.

She raised the kunai she'd pulled out into the air, ready to kill Zabuza, and before Kakashi even gave the order, I was after her, but a needle in Zabuza's neck stopped her. She growled and stated racing toward the new man, but I was faster.

I raced forward and wrapped my arms around her middle, using all of my body weight, but she was still pulling me. Naruto wrapped himself around her legs, and she slowed down, but growled and was even more determined to get him, but Kakashi stepped in. She finally stopped and Naruto loosened, but I didn't, I held her tighter as she relaxed into my hold.

Her body was freezing cold, but I couldn't have felt warmer. Something clicked within me and I felt..... right. In that moment, she was fighting whatever she had inside of her with everything she had. I put my chin on she shoulder and started whispering to her.

"Please stop. You're okay, I got you." I whispered to her and her body went limp in my hold before tensing back up and jerked away from me again to attack. In that moment, when our bodies lost contact, I felt emptiness. I quickly rejoined our bodies to stop her, and she did, in that moment, I knew, not guessed, but knew we had some form of a bond. It may not have been a friendship type bond, but it was unmistakably there.

The way her body reacted to mine was no lie, no miscalculation, it was there and I knew it. I especially knew it when she pulled out of my grasp and started walking away, then suddenly fell to the ground.

I could feel myself being pulled down with her as I raced forward, calling her name. I crashed down to the ground right next to her and assessed whatever damage she had caused to herself. She had after all, killed three mist chunin, and battled an ex-mist anbu, an S ranked criminal, one of the legendary Seven Swordsman of the Mist, and won at that.

I couldn't see anything wrong with her, other than the bruises on her throat and a couple of scratches here and there, but she looked dead. I looked back at Kakashi anxiously, who was slowly hobbling towards us with Naruto and Tazuna in tow.

"She used too much chakra. She hasn't mastered her kekki genkai and it used all of it, she'll be fine she just needs to- needs to rest-" Kakashi explains, but as soon as the last word left his mouth, he was on the ground, out cold. I immediately assumed the role as leader.

"Naruto, Tazuna, carry Kakashi and lead the way to your house, I'll carry (Y/n)." I said and scooped the unconscious girl into my arms gently before turning around to face the other two. They nodded and each got on a side of Kakashi and supported him, Tazuna leading us to his house. It didn't take long before we got to the small house. He let us inside and a woman tried to greet us, but I quickly took (Y/n) to a room and laid her down on a sleeping mat, then went back down the hall.

"I apologize for my rude behavior earlier, but that's my best friend, and she's injured." I explain to the young woman wearing a worried expression on her face. Her features softened after I'd explained. She went to the sink and filled a bowl with water and grabbed a cloth.

"That's quite alright. Here, a pan of water and a cloth to clean her wounds. Please, if you need anything, call for me. My name is Tsunami. Also, your blonde friend and my father have taken care of your sensei as well, he's asleep and situated." Tsunami explained. I bowed respectfully and began to walk off, but stopped when I remembered that I'd actually need her help.

"Thank you. I may need you to change her clothing later. I appreciate your hospitality." I say and she hums in agreement. I continue down the hall and to the room that would now, temporarily, be mine and (Y/n)'s. She stirred and looked to be in pain. I rushed over to her and started wiping away at the sweat that was forming on her face, then cleaned her neck, arms, and bloodied fists.

It had been about four hours. Kakashi sensei nor (Y/n) had woken up yet, and Naruto was already asleep in the room with Kakashi sensei. I yawned in exhaustion and continued to look down at the sleeping girl. The bruises on her neck were now much more prominent, and every time she would turn her head in her sleep, a visible flinch would follow. I sigh heavily and slide into the blankets next to (Y/n) but keep myself distanced out of respect. I then close my eyes and fall asleep to the soft inhale and exhale coming from her.