Blissful Mornings

Magnus POV 

      Kissing Alec is like free falling. I can't feel the chair beneath me or the table beside me. I can't feel anything save for his smooth hand on my jaw, working its way back into my hair, or his other hand intertwined with mine. I taste the wine and chocolate on his soft lips, feel the way we meld together so intimately in this simple moment. Time becomes meaningless, everything leading up to this moment is irrelevant and I pray we stay like this forever. I've always been sure to keep control over my life, and in this simple touch, I throw it all away, giving myself over to him completely, trusting him to understand how much this means. Too soon, he pulls away, keeping me close enough so I can rest our foreheads together. We share more smooth, heated kisses in the soft candlelight, savouring the little sounds that escape our lips, the brushes of fingertips underneath the hems of shirts and the feeling of absolute bliss. He blinks open his eyes, languid and hazy, meeting my gaze.  Normally, Alexander is a tense person, always on edge, but in this moment, I can feel no tension. His body is relaxed, angled closely to me, our legs tangled between us. Slowly, he cards his elegant hands through my hair, his warm eyes roaming over my kiss-swollen lips and flushed cheeks. All I can hear is our gentle breathing, the air between us warm and buzzing. 

"Magnus," his voice is gentle and washes over me, smooth and rich as velvet. I hum in response, moving my hand up to caress his jaw, letting it rest on the side of his neck. He doesn't respond, leaning down so his lips catch the underside of my chin, trailing lightly down my neck as far as he can, dipping softly under the collar of my shirt before making his way back up, pressing a warm kiss to my lips. I respond instantly, every part of me aware of only him. When he pulls away, there's a sweet smile on his lips. I smile back crookedly, a small upturn of my lips as I brush them along his jawline. 

"Alexander, stay tonight?" He nods slowly, his cheek brushing mine. I can feel him tense up a bit and I smooth my hand down his back, passing between his shoulder blades and running along his side soothingly. "Just to be together. I don't...want to push anything between us. I've never felt like this towards anyone before, as new as this is to you, I can assure you I'm just as far out of my comfort zone." He relaxes under my touch and comforting words, grazing his lips past mine before we stand. It's getting late, and I have no problem dressing down to share a bed with Alec. 

Alex POV 

      When Magnus opens the double doors to his bedroom, I'm not surprised by the decor. The room is large with many windows on the right wall. The bed is against the far wall with a high headboard and a soft canopy of gold that hangs down from it. The duvet is gold and brown with many white, brown and gold pillows piled behind its neat tuck. The room itself is nothing short of amazing. Its hardwood floors are deep and rich and a lush teal area rug is settled beneath the bed, peeking out from it. There's a door that leads to what I'm assuming is a walk in closet, and another to an en suite bathroom. A large flat screen is placed on a mahogany stand several feet from the end of the bed, a cabinet against the wall next to us displaying hundreds of movies. There's a sound system in the corner, a cream coloured couch near it and a bookcase overflowing with volumes. Magnus wanders over to one of the doors, opening it and showing me I was right. His walk-in closet is larger than my entire bedroom at the apartment. He turns to look at me before beckoning me to follow him. I do, stepping into the closet behind him as he sifts through some clothes. 

"Would you like something to sleep in, Alec?" I lean on the doorframe and watch him idly. 

"No thank you," I smirk at him as he turns, catching him off guard, I'm sure. He bites his lip before nodding and sliding his clothes off, tossing them in a hamper in the corner.