Bonus Chapter (8) First Halloween

A/N: Remind me to never doubt you guys. Thanks for 8k! In time for Halloween, so here's the first seasonal bonus chapter.

Just a side note: I fell in love with this cute plot so I went back into The Bonus Chapter "Little One" and changed the month that Cleo was born from July to April to enable her to be old enough to crawl, etc.

***

(Magnus POV)

You know that exact moment when you realize how out of shape you are? I just hit it.

I rest my hands on my knees, bent over and gasping for air as I watch Alec chase Cleo around as she giggles and weaves around the living room on hands and knees. Her tiny gold wings catch the pale light, dark hair puffed up on top of her head. The small green dress she's in fits her like a glove, hand sewn by Aunt Izzy. My adorable Tinker Bell.

And damn that husband of mine. He's not even breaking a sweat, running and dipping and tickling and laughing while I can barely breathe.

But it's a sweet kind of death, honestly. He looks more handsome than ever before as he picks our daughter up in his arms, a chorus of the most beautiful laughter echoing through the house between the two of them, tangling me up within their hold.

Carrying Cleo, Alec, sporting a euphoric grin and gleam in his charming eyes, walks over to me.

"A little out of shape there, daddy?" Alec snipes with a coy wink, making me blush and grumble incoherently as I force myself to stand straight and reach out for my daughter.

"Your father has no respect, Cleopatra. None at all." I comment simply as I kiss her forehead, warranting an impromptu cuddle session with my daughter.

"Are you ready to head out?" Alec asks, checking the time. Still early, only 4:30, but the sooner we get the little pumpkin out and back home, the better.

Did I mention how gorgeous Alec looks?

No?

Well, allow me.

My adoring husband was adamant that he would not be dressing up to take Cleo trick-or-treating. I was adamant he was.

If history repeats itself, I'm sure you can figure out who won that discussion.

Anyway, I love Halloween. And as my first Halloween with a family, I wanted to go all out.

And that's how this came to be. Alec stands before me, hands on his hips, clad in, get this: leaves. I've managed to get the boy dressed as Peter Pan, with a hat to top it all off. He looks flawless.

I went a bit more classy, sporting a red suit and a pirates hat, a shiny faux metal hook on my hand. I think Alexander is still a little miffed at the fact that I get to be fully clothed. But no matter, he has the body for it anyway. And he's whipped. So there's that.

"I'm ready to go. Have you heard from Jace and Clary yet?" I ask, shifting Cleo to my hip carefully and grabbing her green cardigan, letting Alec help me slide it on and tuck it beneath the wings.

"Yeah, we're going to head to their house and leave from there." I nod and smile at Alexander, earning an eye roll and a grin back before he pecks my cheek and grabs the green candy bag decorated with leaves off of the table (another one of Izzy's ideas).

We make our way out to the car, thanking the angels that the October air hasn't turned too cold yet, and buckle Cleo into her car seat. The entire way there, I can't help but turn in my seat and smile at her, in awe of this little life we have, her dimples and mile long smile.