Bonus Chapter (4) Our Magic

A/N: Aye! 4k on August 19th! Thank you guys, you're the flipping best!! I love waking up and reading all your lovely comments and receiving your feedback. It means the world! Enjoy this bonus chapter, you lovelies! Also, a special shout-out to yontae and E445675  for making my day with some hilarious and lovely comments!

Important!! This chapter will be long as it is- you guessed it- the wedding! What I need to know from you guys is this: Do you enjoy these bonus chapters? Would you like to see more? And after reading this, let me know if you'd prefer the story to end here or if you'd like to see more bonus chapters such as the honeymoon, for example. I'm conflicted and would greatly appreciate your input!

Thank you again! Enjoy ☺️

***

(Alec POV)

Leaves in all different colours rain down around me as I walk down the cobblestone path. The air is crisp and cold, tinged with the threat of winter around the corner, but autumn has always been my favourite time of year. It's fresh, sharp, with promise of a new life to emerge in a few short months.

I shove my hands deeper into my pockets and glance up at the sun filtering through the white clouds, slightly closing one eye and scrunching my face at the brightness. My suit jacket clings to me, a deep charcoal in colour, thick enough to keep me warm, with the added warmth of a burgundy scarf wrapped securely around my neck. It's Magnus', it even smells like him and holds a smattering of glitter between its folds.

I miss him terribly right now, subconsciously burying my nose into the scarf and breathing in the familiar scent, letting it take me home.

London is nice, sure, but it's not Brooklyn. It's not his arms.

One more walk to the airport to catch my flight back home. It's been a long week away, but with good reason. We're sealing a huge deal before our wedding, and Magnus insisted I go since he went to Greece three months prior for a week.

We alternate our weeks away, and if we can swing it, go together. We've seen Prague, Madrid, Budapest, Brazil and several other cities in between. Bane and Lightwood Architecture has taken off, international business booming. I never once imagined I'd be here.

*

"Darling Alexander!" His arms find me and I bury my face in his neck, littering it with kisses and feeling his chest rumble exuberantly as he laughs. His hands comb through my hair and cup my face, bringing it to his own for a kiss.

"Bane, by the angel I've missed you," I confess into his shoulder, not caring that our front door is still open and my bags are on the stoop. We stopped picking each other up at the airport when I came back from Rome and Magnus got us kicked out of the airport. I won't go into details.

"I've missed you too, darling. Tell me, how'd you like London?" Reluctantly letting me go, he steps outside briefly and grabs my bags, bringing them inside and shutting the door behind us.

"It's nice, peaceful in a way. But it would've been better with you there. Did you tie up everything here?" He grins and nods, slotting his fingers through my own and guiding me into the living room.

"Everything's settled. We're good to take three weeks off, all of our previous contracts are set and we don't have anything to work on until we're back." I exhale in relief and smile warmly at my fiancé. Even after 5 years, he manages to look youthful. I swear he never ages.