Bonus Chapter (10) It's Christmas!

First off, thank you all for nearly 17k readers! Now, enjoy the chapter ☺️

(Alec POV)

Snow sweeps over New York, a blanket of cloud fallen to the earth. The Brooklyn street in front of our home feels surreal in a way, a photograph, pulled straight off of the front of a postcard, icy flakes drifting down from above, catching the currents of the evening wind.

"Can you hand me that string of lights?" Mags asks, peeking down at me from the rooftop. I grin, reaching into the box at my feet and grabbing it before ascending several steps up the ladder to meet him. He captures me in a brief kiss and, if it wasn't a safety hazard, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to pull away.

"Izzy should be home with the kids soon, and then we can decorate the tree," I comment, tugging my scarf tighter around my neck once I'm back on solid ground. It's the 14th of December, Christmas sneaking up on us as it always seems to, and the city is alive with excitement.

"Don't forget the cookies. Cleo would never forgive us if she didn't get to decorate sugar cookies with her aunties." Magnus calls down to me, attaching the final string of lights. He's so high up my stomach is tightened with nerves, watching as he deftly manoeuvres the dark rooftop towards the ladder.

"That's true. What time did Clary say they were coming?" I reach up, helping him off of the ladder until his feet hit the cold snow. Together, we take the ladder down, back to the garage.

"4 o'clock. About half an hour." I hum in response and follow him back inside once everything's put away and the decorations are lit up. Sliding my gloves off, I shuffle out of my boots and shrug my jacket off before heading to the kitchen.

"Hot chocolate?" I glance over my shoulder as Mags comes into the kitchen, his hair dampened from the snow and glistening in the half-light.

"Always," grinning, he presses his cold lips to my cheek before traying out the decorations and cookies for when our babies get home.

As soon as the water is heated, the front door opens, laughter and familiar voices floating in from the doorway.

"Papa!" Cleo calls, and I turn just in time to see her dart in Magnus' waiting arms. Her hair is longer than ever before, dark as always, and cascading in warm waves just past her shoulders. My husband's eyes light up as he holds her on his hip, her small arms wound around his neck as she starts relaying her afternoon spent with Izzy, Simon and Mia to him. Magnus is all ears, nodding enthusiastically and nuzzling his nose into her cheek as she squeaks and laughs.

"Hey," Simon grins, carrying Ro's carrier over to me. Mia slides Arden's coat off, her daughter smiling up at her. Smiling, I pull back the blanket on top of the carrier. My son is blinking up at me, vibrant blue eyes passing over my face before he breaks out into a grin, his bubbling, infectious laughter filling the air. My chest aches with love the second I see him, the moment he reaches out with his tiny hand to find mine.

"How was the afternoon?" I ask as I unbuckle him, pulling him up to rest against my side, his hand batting at my jaw.

"Great, we're always happy to take the babies for a few hours." Simon grins and pats my shoulder before turning and placing the baby carrier by the stairs.

"Hot chocolates ready on the counter, help yourself," I nod back towards the kitchen as Simon steps passed me.

"Hello! We're here!" Clary calls as she opens the door, Jace not far behind, his hand clutched tightly in Orion's own. The little boy - who looks shockingly like his father, might I add, but his green eyes outshining everything- is bundled up in a blue snowsuit, his cheeks rosy from the cold.