I Love You

Alec POV

      "That I love you, Alexander Lightwood."

It flows out from between his lips like a song, the words so free and honest that they resonate deep within me. His eyes are blown as if he's just come to this realization like it's as much of a shock to him as it is to me. I'm floored, my body stuck still, my mind working hard to figure out if I heard him correctly. When my brain finally catches up to the situation, my face breaks out in a smile as I pull his still-damp body towards me, reveling in the feeling of having him close, electricity buzzing between us as my lips meet his. It's a different kind of kiss than any other we've shared. It's hotter and more passionate than any we've shared in bed, but more tender and meaningful at the same time. Our noses bump against each other's hard enough to hurt but neither of us cares, so lost in this moment it's as if time has become meaningless as if everything around us has become trivial. I press further into the kiss, lips bruising under the force, my lips parting as we become closer, tongues spiraling around each other. My lungs constrict, in desperate need of air and I ignore them, melting into his grasp and letting the words take over my entire existence. Magnus Bane loves me. He pulls back when his need for air finally wins out, burying his face in my shoulder. I feel lighter than air itself, the only thing keeping me from floating away is Magnus, curled around me like I'm his lifeline. Everything is almost perfect. Almost. I tuck a finger beneath his chin, lifting his gaze to mine and brushing my lips against his in one more perfect kiss. 

"I love you, too, Magnus Bane." He smiles against my lips, sharing my breath as we both laugh at the euphoria of the situation. I feel weightless, knowing now that the last thing I've been holding onto to is now gone, undone beneath him like everything else. My love, the hardest thing to understand for me, the one thing I wasn't sure I'd ever give, has been completely won over by him. All those little pieces of my heart that have slowly been chipping away have come back stronger than ever. I can't imagine being happier. That is, until the doorbell rings. Magnus groans in fake annoyance and turns me around playfully. 

"Fetch me my food, will you? I'm starving." I laugh cheerfully and make my way downstairs, scooping my wallet off the table on the way. I open the door, the delivery man waiting patiently. 

"Hello, I have your order ready here." I pay, thanking him and leaving a generous tip before bumping the door closed with my hip and heading into the kitchen. The Chairman meows grumpily at me. 

"Sorry, buddy. Hungry?" He meows again and I chuckle as I fill his dish, knowing the rule still holds that nobody eats until the Chairman is full. Magnus comes down the stairs wearing low-rise gray sweats and a black muscle shirt. "Oh my angel, no glitter or eyeliner, how naked do you feel?" I tease, earning a light smack on the arm. "Here, eat up." 

"Have you fed Chairman Meow because-" 

"He's fed, Magnus. I've got the routine down, it has been two months, you know." He smiles at me and leans in for a kiss which I gratefully return. 

"I suppose you would've learned in that time. I've gotten many texts back, everyone is coming tonight. We need to do a liquor store run and grab some appetizers or something." I nod while I fill my plate, humming in response, half listening. "Oh, and Alexander?" He asks, prompting me to lift my head and look at him. "I love you."