Bonus Chapter (5) Little One

A/N: You guys never cease to amaze me. We've hit 5.2K! Thank you all so much!

It seems like you're all okay with me continuing to add to this story so I will! Thanks for your feedback!

It's taken over a week for me to figure out what to write for this. This takes place about a year after the wedding. So I hope you enjoy.

***

(Magnus POV)

"Alexander," I breathe once I hang up the phone. He looks up from petting the Chairman casually. It amazes me how Chairman Meow is still here. The thing still looks young and feisty, despite his years. "It went through."

His hand pauses its movements and his jaw pops open slightly, eyes beginning to glisten in the brilliant morning sun. In his plaid pyjama bottoms and bedhead, he looks adorable, stubble decorating his sharp jaw.

"You're kidding." He whispers, the Chairman butting his head against Alec's frozen hand. I can't fight the grin that spreads across my face. I jump up from my seat at the breakfast bar and run over to Alec, plopping myself in his lap and throwing my arms tightly around his neck. Warm tears touch my neck as he buries his face there and my heart stutters. It's rare to see Alec in a moment of vulnerability, but this calls for all the tears of joy in the world.

"We're going to be parents," he whispers against my skin, sending shivers down my spine and lighting my soul up.

"Yeah," I whisper in disbelief, subconsciously combing my fingers through his tangles. It's soft and quiet in Brooklyn this morning as we stay tangled together on the couch, watching the outside world pass us by and wondering how they can all be so oblivious when our lives have just changed forever.

"So what now?" He breaks the silence after a few minutes. I hum and shuffle to sit beside him, curling into his side and reaching for his coffee, abandoned on the coffee table.

"She said we can come by this afternoon to sign some final paperwork. She's due in 3 weeks, so we have a little bit of time to get the nursery ready and everything." It sounds surreal, planning for the arrival of our baby. Our little piece of perfection, this little life that we've chosen to love and cherish forever.

"Does that mean...shopping?" Alec screws his face up in mock disgust. Laughing, I lightly slap his chest before nuzzling into his shoulder.

"It means so much shopping." He groans through my laughter and everything feels alright.

*

We make our way into the mall, Izzy and Clary leading the way in our shopping frenzy. It's dangerous, bringing them along, but I needed back up or else we'd never get anything done, not with Alexander and his hate for shopping. He's sulking beside me as we make our way to the first store.

"So do you guys know the gender?" Izzy turns on her sleek black heel to glance at us as we stand in the entry way to a chic children's store. I'm almost positive just looking around briefly that we won't find anything for under 50 dollars.

"We're expecting a girl," Alec answers softly, a smile tugging at the edge of his mouth. I smile adoringly at him, knowing that, despite my fears and insecurities about parenting, this is right for us.

Clary squeaks in delight and begins a sweet tirade of picking out items.

"We need a crib, changing table, dresser, bottles, diaper bag," I begin checking things off on my fingertips, furrowing my brows to try and remember. Alec lifts his perfect lips into a gentle smile and pulls out a sheet of paper, recognizable from the pad that sits on our kitchen table. His elegant script decorates the page, a detailed, complete list of what we need. I let out a deep breath and chuckle, kissing his cheek.