Movie Nights and Moving

We arrive at Simon's house around 7 and I see Jace's car in the drive. I had gone home after work to change and Magnus had done the same. His outfit had shocked me when he'd picked me up. It was so toned down I wondered where he managed to find it in his wardrobe; ripped maroon jeans with loose suspenders hanging from them, a loose fitting black muscle shirt and leather coat with black glittery converse. There was no glitter in his hair and his makeup was toned down a bit. He chuckled at my shocked expression and placed a light kiss on the corner of my mouth as I'd crawled into the limo beside him. 

"I do know how to dress normally to some extent, Alexander." I wore my usual type of clothes, black jeans, and a gray v-neck t-shirt with my own scuffed converse and worn leather coat. He'd called me beautiful anyways. 

I don't bother to knock, having always let myself into Simon's house, and I feel so normal yet like a whole new person as we make our way through the entrance and down to the living room. The moment she sees me, Izzy is up and I find myself engulfed in her tight embrace, the smell of her familiar perfume intoxicating me. I pull her close, tight to my chest like a big brother should and she relaxes before pulling back. I notice her hair is longer and remember it's been quite a while since I've seen her. 

"Alec, it's so good to have you back around. Jace and Simon were telling me all about this new guy you've been-" Jace cuts her off, coughing into his hand as he stands beside her and gestures vaguely with his head behind me where Magnus is waiting. Her eyes widen and she giggles into her palm. "Oops." With that, she moves briskly passed me and pulls Magnus into her arms. I watch, mortified at first by her forwardness until Magnus lets out a light chuckle and hugs her back, winking at me over her shoulder to let me know it's okay. 

"You must be Isabelle. Alexander's told me about his great little sister." Izzy smiles brightly, brighter than any light bulb you'd ever see and throws me a glance over her shoulder. 

"All good things, I hope." Magnus laughs lightly again and the sound melts my heart. 

"Only good things pass through that boys' lips." They share a laugh and Jace thumps my back a couple of times in greeting. Simon walks over and strikes up a conversation with Magnus as Jace leads me into the familiar living room. In a hushed tone, he speaks. 

"You look happier than I've ever seen you. It's good, Alec. I'm really happy for you." I smile a bit and grasp his shoulder in thank you before we walk over to where Clary is seated. 

"Hi!" She chirps, standing up to greet me. I smile a little at her. 

"Hey, you must be Clary." She nods and before we can say anything else, I feel a warm, reassuring hand on my lower back. Subconsciously, I feel my body angle back towards Magnus, as if we're magnets and I'm just drawn to him. Jace seems to notice but says nothing as Magnus introduces himself to Clary. In such a short time, I've completely wrapped my life around the man next to me, but I find that I wouldn't be content any other way. We all take our seats, Jace and Clary on the love seat, Simon sitting in the arm chair with Izzy perched in front of him, back resting on his knees. Magnus and I take it upon ourselves to stretch out on the couch, my back against the armrest, he lounged out in front of me, a pillow on my lap for his head to rest. The lights are low and Simon starts the first movie as we wait for the pizza to arrive. Some cliche horror movie starts to play and I find myself paying more attention to Magnus than the screen. His eyes capture even the smallest glimpses of light from the screen, and I watch the scene reflect in them. Slowly, I card my fingers through his hair, hoping he doesn't mind and getting my answer as I feel him relax, watch his lips curl up faintly in the corners. Constantly, I find myself enamored by the many sides of Magnus Bane there are. It seems in every situation we're in, I learn more and more about him. He's far more than the businessman he's portrayed as, layered in levels of comfort, contentment, and love that I'm slowly starting to become accustomed to. About halfway through the movie, the doorbell rings. Izzy stands up and offers to get it, Clary hiding her face in Jace's chest as someone gets hacked up on the screen. Simon watches with a sarcastic smile on his face, making snide remarks about the obviously fake gore. Magnus and I chip in every once in awhile, but I mostly keep my focus on the important person in the room.