Bonus Chapter (1) Elevator Stays and Rainy Days

A/N: Hey everyone! This story has officially reached 2k! That's phenomenal for me! Thank you to everyone for the constant support and love for this story! As a thank-you and in honour of 2k, I've updated the cover and written this little bonus chapter in Magnus POV because I feel he didn't get much love in this story! Please comment, vote, and most of all, enjoy. 

Magnus POV

"So what if I didn't fill out all the paperwork 'in a timely manner'? Does it really affect you that much to have to sort out your filing on a Friday instead of a Thursday?" I can feel the anger rising in my chest as I begin to blow up at Alexander. We're standing in his office, late Wednesday afternoon, and I may or may not have blown off my paperwork to daydream about his eyes. 

It was worth it. 

"Yes, it does affect me 'that much'. I'm trying my hardest to keep this company afloat and here you are messing around like it means nothing to you! All I asked for was one stupid file filled out on time and you couldn't even do that!" Alexander's voice is a bit intimidating when it's filled with frustration, but I refuse to back down. 

"Whatever, maybe if I'd known you'd be so uptight about all of this I wouldn't have asked you to be my partner in the first place," I mutter, crossing my arms over my chest and staring at him. His arms fall to his sides, his brow creasing a bit and his expression falling before he pulls himself together and turns to look out the window. 

But I notice the way his hand shakes as he grips the back of his leather office chair. 

"Alec, I didn't-" 

"No, it's fine. It's not a big deal." His voice is laced with something I can't decipher, something hollow and distant and I hate the way it sounds. He takes a deep breath, his shoulders rising and falling before he grabs his jacket off of the coat rack and slips it on. 

"Where are you going?" I glance at the watch on my wrist, seeing it's barely 3. 

"Home. I don't feel well." 

"Okay..." I know better than to argue. He's obviously upset with me, even though the words I spoke held no truth. I don't regret asking Alexander to be my business partner in the slightest. I don't regret anything that's happened since I met him. He's brought this sense of life to my world that I was severely missing before him. 

"I'll finish up the paperwork so that you have it for tomorrow and then I'll head home," I assure him, watching as he closes his briefcase, eyes downcast so that he doesn't have to look at me. My chest aches a little at that, but I push it away. 

"Don't bother." He strides past me and out the door, nodding at Meliorn on his way by. But I follow him into the elevator. "What are you doing?" He asks, a harsh edge to his normally calm voice. I shrink back a bit, staring at the buttons as the elevator descends. 

"Going home with you."

"If you were going to tag along I would've just stayed at the office. I thought you got the hint." His words hurt me more than I care to admit, but I swallow the pain and flash a small smile that I don't really feel. 

"You can't get rid of me that easily, Alexander." He opens his mouth to respond when the elevator stutters to a grinding halt. I'm instantly clinging to his arm, fear rising like fire in my throat, threatening to rip out of me in a terrified scream. His arm wraps around my waist for a second before the emergency lights flick on and he lets go. 

"Dammit," he mutters, pulling his cell phone out and turning the light on. "No service in here. Dammit!" His voice is nearly a growl, this low, primitive sound and I swallow thickly. I step forward to press the emergency call button, watching it light up with a wave of relief.