{19} Thorns

^Picture of Celia La Rose^
~~~
Nobody cares unless you are beautiful or dead
-Unknown
~~~

BEAUTY was what Celia's cousin taught her before she ran away from home.

Beauty before brains, that's how you'd get everyone to love you. So Celia stuck to what she knew but then she met Cassie and her life turned upside down. Suddenly being clever meant something, even when you're not totally beautiful, and everyone fell into the palm of Cassie's hand.

Celia worked to become Queen, she was the prettiest, most popular, girl in the town. She didn't need to have the brains to get the guys but then Cassie moved into town when both girls were 10 years old. At first Celia thought she could deal with the amount of adoration that Cassie was getting because of how clever she was. Celia was the face and Cassie was the brain, that's how it was for at least six years until a few months before Celia's birthday, she noticed how Cassie would get stares wherever they went because she grew up.

Even when Cassandra had a boyfriend, boys would hope that she'd give them a chance but she stayed faithful and didn't fawn over the boys that followed her.  Maybe that's probably why Cassie and her boyfriend were so tight because they trusted each other.

It actually sickened Celia when she watched Cassandra and her boyfriend fawn over each other like love sick fools. But the jealousy grew because no guy looked at Celia the way Cassie's boyfriend looked at her. Celia was only a one night stand to them and they weren't ready to have commitments with her.

Therefore, Celia began to hate her best friend.

Now hate is a very strong emotion that could then lead to betrayal and revenge. That was exactly what Celia did. She did the unthinkable, she did the worst revenge plan ever known to man. And once Cassie got affected by it, she ran away and didn't return, making Celia smirk with pride when she saw Cassie's house empty. Cassie couldn't help it. Her foster dad shipped her off whenever possible and if she had problems she didn't want to face, she'd volunteer to go for him, just to escape it.

Celia was ruling the school, all boys begging at her feet and all girls following her orders. It felt good but there was only one person who never talked to Celia and that was Scott Miller. While his friends all slept with her or even talked to her, Scott never said a word or even looked at her.

She tried to get his attention. For three years straight, she did everything she could think of but he didn't care about her advances.
Then Cassie came back home and Scott was all over her like a new toy. It surprised Celia that Cassie was able to capture Scott's attentions and it also made her burn with envy that this one guy, who hasn't slept with her, was after a girl that he's never talked to before.

It's quiet ironic in fact. Scott liked having girls chase for him, lust for him, want for him but Cassie wasn't any of them. Celia was. However in the end, Scott chased after Cassie, he lusted after Cassie, he wanted for Cassie and he got her. 

Cassie was now the gamekeeper of the game that Scott had once controlled and Celia envied that because she wanted to be the one who changed Miller, the bad boy. The boy who's been to jail plenty of times. The boy who your father would order to stay from. The boy who smokes. The boy with the tattoos. The boy with the bike. The boy like Scott Miller.

And Celia was in love with him. She wanted her life to be a cliché good girl turns bad boy good but now Cassie had stolen that opportunity from her. Given her a few more months and Celia knew that he'd be putty in her hands. Or not. Scott never liked Celia.

He liked the girl who ran away. The girl with the secrets. The girl behind the smirk. The girl with the warrior tattoo. The girl with a daring and adventurous attitude. The girl with the badass personality. The girl like Cassie Diaz.

And Celia fucking hated it.

The games and the toying around is her specialty but it seemed as if Cassie had now specialised in it because she definitely got in Celia's head. Cassie never approved of Celia's schemes because she knew that they'd hurt people but she didn't think that Celia would actually cross the line where she'd hurt her own best friend for her benefit. She didn't think that until she got hurt by it. Celia might have gained everyone back into her power but Cassie was the one who'd sit on the throne when she returned back home.

It was a game of cat and mouse. And Celia was the mouse.

Celia scoffed and flopped onto her queen sized bed.

"What are you doing to go, Celia?" The blonde minion asked.

Celia sat up and smirked evilly, crossing one leg over the other as she stared down at her minions. She was pretty sure that one was called Nina and the other was Flora but then again, she doesn't actually pay attention to them.

"Well, Nina," Celia began. "I need to see want she wants first."

"Maybe to get her popularity back?" Flora suggested.

"No." Celia snapped, making her retract back. "Cassie is more thoughtful than that. There's something else."

"What did happen between you guys?" Nina chided in.

"None of your business, blonde." Celia hissed. "Now, get out before I do something I'll regret."

The blonde huffed and grabbed her Chanel bag before storming out, the white door slamming shut. Flora looked at Celia carefully, opening her mouth then closing it like a goldfish, careful about what she wanted to say next.

But Celia, fortunately, began to talk before Flora could say something. "I need to get into her head. Just like the last time. Drive her away."

"How would do that?" Flora frowned.

Celia smirked quiet viciously and laid back on her bed, leaving Flora confused whilst she made a plan in her mind. The thought of seeing Cassie paranoid again actually made her smile with joy.

"Flora, why don't you leave?" Celia suggested and Flora hurried out the room, not waiting for another order and left Celia alone in her room. With nothing but herself.

Her deranged thoughts. Her psychotic plans. Her manipulative beauty. Celia La Rose.

••••
This is a filler allowing you to venture deeper into Celia's mind and a little closer to the past.

Vote and comment

LMB.